Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No charges for Officer who injured man while putting down deer

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default No charges for Officer who injured man while putting down deer

Cop decides to use a slug to dispatch injured deer.

Slug ricochets out and injures man. No charges.

Doubt any layperson would be so lucky.

Atleast having to spend time and money to "prove" themselves innocent.

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/no-charges-...-man-1.3075774

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I wouldn't want to see any jail time for his actions but a careless use of firearm charge/conviction seems warranted...Maybe some more training too....

I can't imagine a good Samaritan trying to do the right thing (same thing) being so lucky.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I'm sorry but if this was anybody but a Police Officer they would have been charged.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Different "laws" for "different" citizens. Cops/citizens, Gladue/everbody else, Libs/Cons, rich/poor.

And if you are on your knees, you better be protesting the National Anthem and not praying..................

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default No charges for Officer who injured man while putting down deer

I think it depends on the circumstances if someone will be charged. There are hunting "accidents" every year that don't result in charges. I understand that this might have been ricochet and not a backdrop issue. No excuse but I don't believe it warrants charges.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/ottawa/6-hunters-mistakenly-shot-as-deer-hunting-season-begins-1.2417094

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by farsider View Post
    Cop decides to use a slug to dispatch injured deer.

Slug ricochets out and injures man. No charges.

Doubt any layperson would be so lucky.

Atleast having to spend time and money to "prove" themselves innocent.

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/no-charges-...-man-1.3075774

If the slug went back and hit the policeman,would you be as quick to point the finger? Just sayin"..............
    When I was younger,I blew half a fortune on whisky and wild women. The rest I just wasted.
    Capt.Jonathan Hillstrand ​F/V Time Bandit

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I can't see any charges either. That's probably the first, one and only deer he's ever dispatched or will have to dispatch so experience in these situations is the issue. Just the wrong choice of ammo.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    I can't see any charges either. That's probably the first, one and only deer he's ever dispatched or will have to dispatch so experience in these situations is the issue. Just the wrong choice of ammo.

Maybe read the article again.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    x2................................................ ...
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The difference between the public ( woman who was charged for shooting a bear in Sudbury recently). And Leo ( this incident), is that it's in the commission of his duty.

Am guessing the victim will sue and that will be the end of it.
    Last edited by JBen; September 20th, 2016 at 02:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast