Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Posted Spots - what a ...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    I don't think you should be able to post a spot on public waters. Its first come first serve like any other hunting. You don't post trees for turkey hunting or deer so why a duck spot. Respect is respect if there are people there then move on, other then that its fare game.
    I am of the same mindset.... but unfortunately some still post trees or locations for deer on public land all the time....
    If I want a spot to myself, I better buy the land or be the only one allowed permission on private property.... Crown land is for all, first guy or group that gets there, should be able to call the shots.....
    I too would have been pissed
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

We used to post a spot for the opener. It always had Name, Number and date. It was only good for that morning. It was more of a common courtesy thing than anything else. The plan was to have them out no earlier than Labour Day. Opener was Oct 1st. It was intended to tell the other guys, that come crack of dawn I will be there, PLEASE don't built or set up 30 yards away in the dark. Usually worked OK. It falls apart when the same guy posts 5 km of Island or shoreline, his signs all of a sudden mean nothing. It worked for us.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by waterrat View Post
    We used to post a spot for the opener. It always had Name, Number and date. It was only good for that morning. It was more of a common courtesy thing than anything else. The plan was to have them out no earlier than Labour Day. Opener was Oct 1st. It was intended to tell the other guys, that come crack of dawn I will be there, PLEASE don't built or set up 30 yards away in the dark. Usually worked OK. It falls apart when the same guy posts 5 km of Island or shoreline, his signs all of a sudden mean nothing. It worked for us.
    Did this guy own the property or was he just putting up a sign for opening day?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by krakadawn View Post
    Did this guy own the property or was he just putting up a sign for opening day?
    Nope all on puplic land.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    I am of the same mindset.... but unfortunately some still post trees or locations for deer on public land all the time....
    If I want a spot to myself, I better buy the land or be the only one allowed permission on private property.... Crown land is for all, first guy or group that gets there, should be able to call the shots.....
    I too would have been pissed
    WTH,I've never seen anyone "post a tree" on public land in all the years I've been hunting. I honestly thought I'd heard everything .............until now. Man,that's gotta be some kind of fckued up.LOL
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    WTH,I've never seen anyone "post a tree" on public land in all the years I've been hunting. I honestly thought I'd heard everything .............until now. Man,that's gotta be some kind of fckued up.LOL
    As silly as it sounds, it is true....Some have tree stands, some have an X marked on the tree with a pail or plastic crate up against/under the tree..... In the Southern part of Ontario where I live, it can and does get pretty silly/bad at times....that's why I am of the mindset of...............if you get there first, have at it....if you are there second/third/forth be nice/courteous and move on....
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Does that mean if I put my name on a sign at the entrance to Luther Marsh next year I'll be the only one who can hunt it?.....lol
    Last edited by gonduckin; September 25th, 2016 at 06:40 PM.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonduckin View Post
    Does that mean if I put my name on a sign at the entrance to Luther Marsh next year I'll be the only one who can hunt it?.....lol
    Lol, saw the photos of the lineup this year... sweet fcuk, no thanks!
    Krete

Bills n' Thrills.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Posting signs for opening morning is a tradition. A lot of waterfowling is about tradition. It's not about beards and face paint and how many you can kill. Don't let one guy who may have either screwed up and slept in, had his truck break down, outboard not start or wife get the flu and had to watch the kids ruin the tradition for you. Next year go out and choose a decent location and put your own sign up. Embrace the history, you'll enjoy the sport more! Or just start hunting around the middle of October. That's what I do!

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Posting for opener, yes OK. After that all bet's are off. Sometimes folks have taken the time to refresh the blind, put up new camo material etc. Certainly they should be able to reserve for the opening day.

You want a specific blind for your hunt after the opener? Be the first one out to it, period.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast