Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: Vermilion Bay area grouse hunt

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Lol jeez.
    Few things. "If it's brown it's down". An expression you've heard many times. I'm also quite sure you know what it means, and that it doesn't mean "shoot recklessly". Not sure how you missed ( chose to ignore...) the rest of it also included not pulling the trigger on any of the four. Could it be because she bolted, faster than I could raise. Some might try a shot like that in thick brush....I prefer to make sure..
    lol.....

through out SL you have been going after people, not the least of whom was the OP. That is what and why people are responding to you as they are. i don't enjoy repeating things, but as I said "do as I say, not as I do" types.......

you have displayed a lack of morals/ethics through out this thread which is outrageously funny given your moral superiority. And for the most part I have tried pointing out that out politely many times. Despite opportunity myself to fire back. I might also remind you, your understanding of them, their nuances, the law and hunting......also a little off. What was it you said about people's intelligence???

if I'm going to attack someone making moral and ethic based arguements. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make sure I'm in solid ground. Attacking hunters for their morals and ethics is about as base as it comes....

lol so funny, it's sad.

and finally, yeah.
    For someone who has no intention of harvesting grouse, but rather simply harass them, stress them...that by definition is cruelty, and unsportsman like. Not sure I'm prepared to judge for it. Millions of others would including non hunting animal lovers who wouldn't mind Someone limiting out ( they are ok with hunting for food) but not harassing animals for no reason.

irony

oh and about science
    how about 200 years of people limiting out and the grouse are still numerous.
    Last edited by JBen; October 21st, 2016 at 08:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sidelock View Post
    How anyone with border line common sense can possibly read some of this crap and not question the intelligence and mental mind frame of some posters behind the key board is waaaaaaay beyond my comprehension.
    My thoughts exactly.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

geez,what's going on here..? it's an upland forum.
    "The dog is Small Munsterlander, the gun is Beretta."
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed" A. Saint-Exupery.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Sadly the same thing we see in
    -Fishing forums: catch and release anglers going after guys who limit out.
    -deer forums: people going after someone for
    a) shooting at running deer
    b) hunting over bait
    c) shooting a doe with a fawn
    d) shooting a fawn/yearling

Insulting people's intelligence, and more.

plus and this I think is a new level
    -ripping a visitor/tourist who did absolutely nothing wrong.

"Hey welcome to Ontario, glad you and your friends had a great time."
    yada, yada, yada. As an aside, I sometimes wonder if, due to the pressure these days, if the ministry should reduce the possession limit, say from 15 to 10.". Don't misunderstand me, there nothing wrong with keeping a limit, if the regs say we can, we can, to each their own.Just wonder sometimes with sooooooo many people hitting these areas, many with ATVs and old roads, yada, yada.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

i came back to see some pictures of down birds... what happened?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockerpj View Post
    i came back to see some pictures of down birds... what happened?
    No pictures yet, everyone's got their finger on the trigger, just waiting in anticipation for my comment or opinion on how demanding and challenging option (b) must be but I'm convince some brilliant intellectual will ask me if I ever baited a mouse trap with peanut butter in defence LOL.
    Actually come to think of it option (b) has quite a lot in common with some of the posts here.
    Last edited by sidelock; October 22nd, 2016 at 05:41 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You don't get it do you?
    More likely. Everyone is growing tired of your somewhat childish behavior. Many people have tried ,in various ways to point out
    "you reap what you sow". Your like a child who when they are behaving poorly, escalates or points fingers at anything, and everything and everyone but himself. Not sure who you think you are, but in the real world..

And when your questionable conduct is put under the spotlight, whether that here in this thread ( Ting off without cause, insulting people's intelligence) or harassing game needlessly, you lash out insulting people's intelligence. As Dyth said "mewling". I don't think your going to get much sympathy. Do as I say, not as I do, indeed. Most grown ups are capable of taking responsibility, owning their stuff. I suspect given your still going apparently incapable or unwilling to understand "you reap what you sow" it could be a long time.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

You are absolutely right, dry hunting or as you say needlessly harassing birds with a bird dog is much more thoughtless and cruel than baiting and luring a hungry animal with food and shooting it.
    Counting paired up huns in a given acreage with bird dogs in spring out west prior to nesting to assist the DNR with data is harassment and so is running dogs in the woods in early summer to look for woodcock nests to band young chicks and study their migration. What do I know !
    LAST POST on the subject for me ! you can carry on as you please, for someone that was staying clear of this one, you sure have a lot to say. good luck & happy hunting.
    I'm outa here.
    Last edited by sidelock; October 22nd, 2016 at 08:44 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You can try to lead a horse to water.
    /sigh

lots I might say (again about morels and ethics). Will simply say. I doubt anyone here cares if you "dry hunt". Some may not like the idea of tormenting birds (don't know, not pertinent) certainly many people in the oh so important middle, who are ok with hunting for food but not....

be be that as it may. Afaik there's nothing in the regs that says you can't.............
    Just as the regs/laws allow hunting over bait, shooting Does/fawns or limiting out. It obviously made you squirm, you didn't like the insinuation the practise is unethical, given how you lashed out. Compare that to the treatment the OP got. Atleast no-one tore strips out of you for it, called you unethical, or insulted your intelligence.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=sidelock;995185] baiting and luring a hungry animal with food and shooting it. QUOTE]

That should actually read "opportunistic animal", not hungry animal.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789