Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: another trail cam stolen

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default another trail cam stolen

Last Friday the wife and I picked up a new trail cam on sale Saturday I put it out at my dad's farm.left it for a week. Went back out hunting this morning and my camera is gone. Hard to believe. Someone would just help them self.
    200$DOWN THE DRAIN.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that. That's gotta suck. Some people have no morals.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

That really sucks there Dutch. I had the same thing happen to me a few years back. Put up a nice new trail cam at my brothers farm within view of the house and a few weeks later it was gone. It was probably 5 or 6 years since I bought another one. I was very very angry about the whole thing.
    Some people have no respect for others property
    I use an aircraft cable locking system now It is still no guarantee that it won't get stolen. I hate the feeling of violation of personal property that comes with an experience like this.
    There are some on here that will basically tell you that it was your own fault because you didn't do enough to prevent it from getting stolen. These are the lower end of the gene pool people who most likely would themselves steal a camera if they saw it.
    Used to be some common courtesy in society. If it's not yours don't touch it. Especially since they were tresspassing to see it.
    Anyway. Sorry to hear about this for you.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

In the days pass that would be grounds for a a$@ whooping if you caught them. Now you would be charged for something. Why can't people just stay off others property and leave things alone that don't belong to them. This is why I hate trespassers no matter what their purpose is

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I lost one a few years ago with a python lock. It was old and code protected, so the low life got nothing. I will only buy code protected ones and write on the bear boxes, code protected,name and phone number. Knock on wood, I haven't lost any more.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I think most thieves are trespassers, who don't want their pictures taken . POS.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

That sucks sorry to hear that. Start putting the cams higher up in the tree. It will be harder for those thieves to locate them and steel them. It will still take decent pics of deers and give you an indication when they are using the areas.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about the cam. Too bad they could not make them with a "security feature". It is only wishful thinking but if you have to ask what I mean.....well they would know who took it..hand less guys stand out.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

That really sucks man, sorry to hear that.
    I've had 3 stolen in the last 5 years in different areas on private land.
    I hate that feeling...
    To hunt & to fish = enjoying life; I live for the outdoors.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Has anyone heard of camera's being stolen when they were in a 'Bear Box' ?

It solved my problem..

I lost a cam once....bought a bear box. The next year the camera captured this douchbag at my stand. Had a few other pics with his face, took it to another neighbour and he identified him. Problem solved

He wouldn't admit to stealing the 1st one....but the red cheeks never lie

Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast