Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Nunavut Nomad for Arctic Char.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default A Nunavut Nomad for Arctic Char.

One of the most remote communities within our Canadian arctic, this past summer I had the opportunity to travel north to Kugaaruk Nunavut. Little known and nothing written of the fishing there, during a month long work contract my hope was to explore the tundra at every chance, and find and catch some of the most incredibly beautiful fish on the planet. Immersed in Inuit life and culture, providing healthcare within a unique setting and wandering the land like a lone nomad, the experience and fishing was all truly exceptional. Fully story written here...

http://bunksoutdoorangle.com/a-nunavut-nomad-for-arctic-char/

Bunk.
    www.bunksoutdoorangle.com

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Just an unbelievable commentary of your trip. You should be selling your adventures to prospective outdoor magazines. Thank you so much for sharing.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Yes truly unbelievable thanks for sharing awesome!!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtrfowlr View Post
    Just an unbelievable commentary of your trip. You should be selling your adventures to prospective outdoor magazines. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Thanks man! But they'd have a hard time fitting in and paying for 130 some photos and three features worth of text. These fishing stories are what they are and that's what I think makes them work for most people.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Awesome adventure Bunk.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

My wife did one of those medical sojourns up to Iqaluit with Health Canada...she was asked if her husband would like her to bring anything home with her. So before she left and they made sure she was carrying two frozen Arctic Char in her suitcase

Great adventure for sure and not one that many folks get the opportunity to partake in.

Thanks for posting....great story.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Believe that Mike! It's sooo good, seen a few others do that as well. Luckily had a cooler with me to fill up on this last trip.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Great story and photos - as always.

Sad to read the first hand reality of getting oneself fed in the north and the problems that plague these small, isolated communities - especially the kids smoking.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Nice pics thanks for posting
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    Great story and photos - as always.

Sad to read the first hand reality of getting oneself fed in the north and the problems that plague these small, isolated communities - especially the kids smoking.
    Well more than a decade working in what some might consider our third world Canada, there seems to always be something that makes ya go hmmmmm, and kinda scratch your head. Feeding "Canadians!" In this day and age..?

Considering the north communities are a much younger populace and growing more quickly than the rest of the country, there is much to worry about for their futures. Most can only hope for their next generations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast