Thread: SD card recording times

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default SD card recording times

Wondering how one calculates amount of recording time on different size SD cards? Hoping to use a canon power shot to record hunt/shoot, but want to be sure to have enough card, and don't trust retailers enough
    I LOVE COMING HERE. WHAT OTHER GUN/OUTDOOR FORUM CAN YOU BE GUARANTEED GRAMMAR LESSONS ?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Their's a number on the card inside a circle on the right side of the card. MY cannon called for a 10 ( for better quality videos ) but I always ran 4's in the trail cam. I went from more than 198 minutes to 110 minutes in a 8 GB card on the trail cam. I haven't tried the camera for videoing yet. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Greenhorn; October 25th, 2016 at 03:59 PM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I found this formula:
    https://dashboardcamerareviews.com/video-recording-time/

"If you just need a quick approximation of the total recording time in hours, of a dash cam or any other digital video camera, you can use this quick formula:

2*GB⁄Mbps
    In other words, take the memory card capacity in GB, divide it by the recording bit rate, and multiply the result by 2.
    The result will be about 10% less than the actual recording time."
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Thanks Delmer. I think by your formula a 32 should be loads
    I LOVE COMING HERE. WHAT OTHER GUN/OUTDOOR FORUM CAN YOU BE GUARANTEED GRAMMAR LESSONS ?