Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: savage axis and savage axis 2 .243 cal

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Regarding my 110l. In 243 I suspect that my barrel , might be shot out. I don't think it is as accurate as it once was. I like the rifle , has anyone had experience with rebarreling , I expect there are different grades of barrels available. Or would the costs involved make it , not make sense. Also possible that the nut behind the wheel, is not as accurate either. old243

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I am a Axis lover for a gun. Period. Like other have said, the accutrigger is the one difference and the scope is the second. Original Axis does not have accutrigger, but does have Bushnell Scope 3X9X40. The Axis 2 has accutrigger, and either a redfield or Burris scope. Both are shooters, very accurate for a cheaper gun and is the only gun I use for serious hunting of deer and coyote. This year, because..I am using my Savage Axis one in .223, with 55 grain PSP bullets, over 26.5gr of CFE 223 with FPS of 3100ft. Punching paper at 100M with 1" group no bag rest, only elbows. I worked 3 different loads starting at 24grs and this shot the best. Clearly, shot placement is critical for me, but after viewing many Youtube videos it is more than enough power. Load data Hornaday 9th edition. I know some of might frown on the .223 choice..but the shot/conditions is more critical this way over a big bore choice of rifle bullet.
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Savage has some rebates on for a short while if it matters to you

http://www.savagearms.com/promotions/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12