Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stolen

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goosesniper View Post
    I was with a group of guys one year hunting and we came across a trail cam. They didn't steal it but put a bullet through it.
    Jeez, what was their motivation for that one? As a new hunter it's tough wondering how confident I should be on crown land trying to find a couple spots to scout out when all I keep hearing is of stands and cams being swiped and hunters getting run off crown land by entitled s. What's a guy to do...

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Jeez, what was their motivation for that one? As a new hunter it's tough wondering how confident I should be on crown land trying to find a couple spots to scout out when all I keep hearing is of stands and cams being swiped and hunters getting run off crown land by entitled s. What's a guy to do...
    That's easy. Don't leave your toys laying around for people to steal. Welcome to the forum.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Jeez, what was their motivation for that one? ..
    Sorry for being blunt. But Duh! You're encroaching on the perceived rights to the deer on that trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Sorry for being blunt. But Duh! You're encroaching on the perceived rights to the deer on that trail.

Easy now. He did say he was a new hunter.
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Just starting out

User Info Menu

try and put a camera around your stand so it can catch someone

Just starting out

User Info Menu

No offence taken to any comments, makes sense why they end up disappearing by less than savoury folks.

How much harder does a hunt become if you're trying to hunt crown land without any trail cams? I'm able to physically scout throughout the year but sounds like its tempting the fates too much to leave trail cams out on crown.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

No offence taken to any comments, makes sense why they end up disappearing by less than savoury folks.

How much harder does a hunt become if you're trying to hunt crown land without any trail cams? I'm able to physically scout throughout the year but sounds like its tempting the fates too much to leave trail cams out on crown.
    You don't need cameras. This time of year, deer runs are very obvious. Find good runs, keeping wind direction in mind, and pick out good looking spots for a blind. I use whatever is available to make a ground blind. All my many deer have been shot from the ground. No blinds or cameras to steal !!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    You don't need cameras. This time of year, deer runs are very obvious. Find good runs, keeping wind direction in mind, and pick out good looking spots for a blind. I use whatever is available to make a ground blind. All my many deer have been shot from the ground. No blinds or cameras to steal !!
    X2! Preach it,brother.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

It's very unfortunate that gear gets stolen. That why I don't own a trail cam or climbers. My group and I make our tree stands. Even on the private land that we hunt on stuff gets stolen. Unfortunately, with little temptation a honest person can turn into a thief over night. A tree stand left in the bush. Free pickings for some people.
    I was with a group of guys one year hunting and we came across a trail cam. They didn't steal it but put a bullet through it. Just as bad in my opinion. My recommendations. Bolt it down or it's gone. Just can't trust anyone these days.

A thief is not an honest person

Just starting out

User Info Menu

My 9 year old sons was stolen as well off our own farm which we have owned for 200 years, funny though they where not smart enough to check for cameras lol stolen from gibralwter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123