Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    It's likely somebody close by your area so keep your eyes open. Ask the neighbours too. A friend had his stand "stolen". Knocked on the neighbour's door to see if he'd seen anything. No answer at the door. Garage door was open so he took a peak to see if the guy was in the garage. Guess what he's staring at!!! Neighbour claims he didn't know the guy had permission so he removed the stand. Says he knew the owner would come looking! yeah right!
    That's who I'm thinking has it because they have a four wheeler path about 10 feet away.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    It's likely somebody close by your area so keep your eyes open. Ask the neighbours too. A friend had his stand "stolen". Knocked on the neighbour's door to see if he'd seen anything. No answer at the door. Garage door was open so he took a peak to see if the guy was in the garage. Guess what he's staring at!!! Neighbour claims he didn't know the guy had permission so he removed the stand. Says he knew the owner would come looking! yeah right!
    Trespass to 'peak' ?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    Trespass to 'peak' ?
    Simply knocking on a door or checking a garage with an open door looking for someone? I'm pretty sure that doesn't qualify as "trespassing".
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deadninja79 View Post
    If your there to steal something and you get hurt then you deserved it anyway. Gonna build a wood one. Where my stand was is on a family friends farm and his kids are older.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    That's not quite how the law reads. If someone were to get hurt on a booby trapped ladder, trespasser or not, you are liable for injuries. Not a very good idea.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

An unauthorized person on your property looking into 'things',(your garage), is not trespassing? I beg to differ!
    Last edited by fishermccann; October 31st, 2016 at 10:52 AM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Try a climber. I had an land owner on the neighbouring property steal my racket straps and just leave the stand on the tree. Thank godness i do not climb. Climbers work.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

An unauthorized person on your property looking into 'things',(your garage), is not trespassing? I beg to differ!
    Someone merely walking up your driveway and looking in an open garage is definitely not trespassing.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Come on,FMC,I know you know better. It's only trespassing if you tell someone to leave and they refuse which isn't the case,here.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Werner , Likely true . I don't know how it turned out other then the broken rungs and stand is still there . If I had done it my defence would be fire freaks me out , making me a horrible welder . I musta missed a few spots your honour ..
    I,ve seen several stands blinds in bush and never had any urge to mess with or steal one

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

It's very unfortunate that gear gets stolen. That why I don't own a trail cam or climbers. My group and I make our tree stands. Even on the private land that we hunt on stuff gets stolen. Unfortunately, with little temptation a honest person can turn into a thief over night. A tree stand left in the bush. Free pickings for some people.
    I was with a group of guys one year hunting and we came across a trail cam. They didn't steal it but put a bullet through it. Just as bad in my opinion. My recommendations. Bolt it down or it's gone. Just can't trust anyone these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast