Thread: Field hunts

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Field hunts

Hey guys...still looking for field goose hunts in the York and Durham areas...new to waterfowling...any direction and help will be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

If you're looking for a decent day out, give the Wingmen a call, they have decent rates, and aren't too far from you. Jben did a shoot with them a few weeks ago.

http://www.thewingmenguidingservice.ca/
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1267wbc View Post
    Hey guys...still looking for field goose hunts in the York and Durham areas...new to waterfowling...any direction and help will be appreciated.

Your car/truck would be a useful tool for finding fields.

-N.
    Krete

Bills n' Thrills.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice Sprite...yes I do plan to use my vehicle to locate fields but was hoping to get some direction as to where....such as strictly north of hwy 7 , not in Ajax , Whitby OK? As I know there are by laws etc and some areas that allow Sunday hunting ..anyways thanks for the genuine effort in input any of you guys have given me...esp Sprite

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Pickering, Whitby and Oshawa all have discharge maps on their respective websites. It's worth it to print them out and have on you when you're scouting. Lots of little pockets where there's no discharge allowed!
    HRCH LZL's Hammer of Thor

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4weight View Post
    Pickering, Whitby and Oshawa all have discharge maps on their respective websites. It's worth it to print them out and have on you when you're scouting. Lots of little pockets where there's no discharge allowed!
    Thanks dude!

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I have them in my truck and saved on my cellphone!
    HRCH LZL's Hammer of Thor

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Yes I just did the same thing...will print it out when I get a chance...couldnt find Oshawa map though

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Oshawa is north of Winchester excluding the area around Raglan and the area around Columbus.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Don't set your watch by the city geese. They operate on a different schedule. They never seem to be doing the same thing as the huntable birds. In areas where you can get on the they often don't even circle the decoys just cupped and committed.