Thread: Arby’s Venison Steak Sandwich

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Arby’s Venison Steak Sandwich

Donno about this...LOL...

Apparently, Arby’s has hit a home run with its new venison steak sandwiches. The restaurant rolled out the new sandwiches November 1st in Nashville, Tennessee, and it was a huge success.

According to The Tennessean, the first store sold out of the new sandwiches on the very first day of the new promotion, selling 250 of them in just hours. Another store sold over 100 sandwiches in just over 1 hour.

“We stuck a nerve, in a good way, with hunters,” said Luke DeRouen of Arby’s. “Some people drove from an hour away to try it.”

Because of USDA regulations, restaurants can’t sell wild game. So, as an alternative, Arby’s new venison sandwich comes from free-range, farm-raised red deer in New Zealand.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

While I like the theory, I dread the practicality of this idea. We all know how difficult it is to eat venison which has been over cooked (or at least overcooked in our minds). Does anyone think the line workers at Arby's will nail the correct cooking time or will the sandwich have to be smothered in sauce to get some kind of moisture into the meat?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dythbringer View Post
    While I like the theory, I dread the practicality of this idea. We all know how difficult it is to eat venison which has been over cooked (or at least overcooked in our minds). Does anyone think the line workers at Arby's will nail the correct cooking time or will the sandwich have to be smothered in sauce to get some kind of moisture into the meat?
    I am sure they processed the heck out of it & added the usual garbage fillers so it will taste just great...

Leads by example

User Info Menu

And all fast food places eliminate human error in the process as much as possible.
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

Dorothy Sarnoff