Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you carry for coyote

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Back pack with Foxpro e-caller
    Thick seat pad
    Shooting stick
    Comfortable and warm clothing
    READING GLASSES SO THAT I CAN SEE THE INFORMATION ON THE REMOTE!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by impact View Post
    Back pack with Foxpro e-caller
    Thick seat pad
    Shooting stick
    Comfortable and warm clothing
    READING GLASSES SO THAT I CAN SEE THE INFORMATION ON THE REMOTE!
    This (reading glasses) are a must
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Much of the same, one tote bag with caller. Get up in our tree stands and call away. For some reason they don't look up.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Am I the only one using a camo turkey lounge chair? It's a tad heavy but I feel really comfortable sitting still for really long time (of course also dressing warm enough).

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I'm using a small fold up chair too, seems like I truck in alot of stuff though, may need to trim back some.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I m trying to minimize what I carry. I ve be using a turkey vest with attached cushion. Also a stadium seat with a back has been pretty comfy . I found the lounge chairs only work if sitting for extended periods . Going as light as possible now even the gun.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

When I started I would carry a backpack full of stuff like I was going on an exploration!! Now I take the .223, Fox Pro, Decoy, shooting stick, small chair, piece of para cord and the appropriate clothing. My truck usually isn't far so if I forget something ill just go back and get it.
    Last edited by TurkeyObsessed; December 21st, 2016 at 10:19 AM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

One thing I've learned over the years is too much gear equals missed shooting opportunities
    "I may not have gone where I was supposed to go, but I ended up where I was supposed to be"

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
    Much of the same, one tote bag with caller. Get up in our tree stands and call away. For some reason they don't look up.
    I think it's very simple, there are no animals that attack a coyote from above, so they never need to. I would guess there are very few animals over 15 lbs that would need to worry about an air attack unless there is some kind of cat in the area, and even then they would need to escape that attack to warrant checking above them.

In regard to the op, i'm planning on my first coyote hunt in these coming weeks. Will be doing a forest hunt with a shot gun as i don't have access to private, open fields. i'll be bringing White camo, hand call, cushion and intense patience for a steep learning curve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123