Thread: Big Gull Lake Ice Report

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Big Gull Lake Ice Report

After getting good ice reports from a few of the semi local bait shops I'm going to attempt some ice fishing Big Gull. The area got lots of rain a couple of days ago and has since turned cold and it did the lake lots of good. Both reports said to expect between 10 and 12 inches by Saturday morning. I recently bought a cabin on the lake and I am looking for any tips on winter fishing. I have only ever fished by the east end public launch, with decent results. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

which Gull lake....Muskoka , Haliburton or other

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Big Gull Lake near Ardoch, not to confused with Gull Lake near Minden. I've since spoken to a few of the local resort owners in the area and they've told me that they haven't seen a lot of action yet. I'm going to check it out tomorrow anyways.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Headed up there on the first weekend of Feb. I love that lake. We also fish the east end. Good friend has a cottage there. If your around that weekend, stop by. We will be on sleds and atv's with Clam portables set up.

Good luck,and let me know how ya make out. If you want any info, PM me.

S.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Good to hear that someone else has fished the lake in the winter! No sign of human life last weekend but the ice and weather were very good. We also fish from clam pop ups so I will keep an eye out for you. Have you ever tried fishing off any of the islands? Not hard finding structure but weed lines were sparse.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

You guys have any luck on big gull in winter?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I fish the lake in summer

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk