Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Proposed changes to small game regs.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Don't know how you missed it. They were all over it to get members to comment on the EBR. I got two e-mails from them in one week. There's even a dedicated staffer in the office looking after that file,specifically. Your comment about them is miles off base.
    I am glad to correct my comments.....but I sent OFAH a copy of my club's submission opposing the changes and never got a reply. The only mention on their website is the following, which seems to support the government's justification for the changes:

Small game hunting regulations in Ontario cover a variety of species across a vast province, creating a complex and sometimes confusing system. The OFAH has been advocating for a complete review of the small game hunting regulations to streamline seasons and to allow hunting opportunities that reflect current small game populations.

Is there any other OFAH comments available on this issue.....sorry if I missed it.

Further edit: I was kindly emailed by a member, a copy of the OFAH submission....thank you. I was dead wrong...they sent a detailed submission. Their theme was they same as my submission.....the area covered is far too broad. Thanks... I stand corrected.
    Last edited by hollywood; February 6th, 2017 at 10:53 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    I am glad to correct my comments.....but I sent OFAH a copy of my club's submission opposing the changes and never got a reply. The only mention on their website is the following, which seems to support the government's justification for the changes:

Small game hunting regulations in Ontario cover a variety of species across a vast province, creating a complex and sometimes confusing system. The OFAH has been advocating for a complete review of the small game hunting regulations to streamline seasons and to allow hunting opportunities that reflect current small game populations.

Is there any other OFAH comments available on this issue.....sorry if I missed it.
    Hollywood,

You;re right; for some reason the small game section of the OFAH website hasn't been updated to reference this matter, but as Trimmer said, the OFAH did a big e-mail call-out to members and a dedicated a page to it in the Hotline in your OOD mag. A detailed, consolidated response to the two EBR postings was sent in by the OFAH.
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567