Thread: Odor Control in the Palm of Your Hands

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Odor Control in the Palm of Your Hands

For you guys that like these ozone generators, Scentlok has introduced a palm size model...

We have engineered the most versatile ozone generator and another innovative and effective solution to help assist you in managing unwanted odors! The ENFORCER's quiet fan produces the correct amount of ozone, which seeks out and virtually destroys odor molecules and bacteria that gets in it’s path. Ideal for use in enclosed areas such as totes, hockey and athletic gear, tents, closets, bedrooms and much more. The SCENTLOK ENFORCER™ also helps to re-activate carbon alloy extending the field life of your SCENTLOK carbon clothing.

UNLEASH the SCENTLOK ENFORCER™ for all of your odor control needs. The personal ozone generator is small enough to fit in your pocket or purse, is rechargeable with up to 8-hours of battery life, and can go anywhere you go. 1-hour and 3-hour operating mode allows you to apply the right amount of ozone depending on the severity of odors. And as an added feature the SCENTLOK ENFORCER™ serves as a power bank for charging Smartphones and Tablets.

Whether you’re driving to your hunt, traveling home from an athletic event, trying to rid your hockey and sports/athletic gear from those nasty odors and harmful bacteria or preparing your gear for the next morning’s hunt you will feel confident knowing the SCENTLOK ENFORCER™ helps manage those unwanted odors. With its compact size and re-charging capabilities you will have odor control at your fingertips for not just one, but the majority of your odor control needs.
    https://scentlokenforcer.com/product...ntlok-enforcer
    Last edited by MikePal; January 13th, 2017 at 04:17 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Hi- does anyone have experience with this device?
    Two years ago my car was getting ready for hunting season(tune up)The mechanic somehow managed to saturate the car with gasoline odors.He said-they were doing tune up in an auxiliary room,where there was gasoline spilled earlier,and the car door was open.I was really concerned since the smell of gasoline was ower powering for me,and me soaking up all that smell while driving to hunt- smelling like a gas station in the woods.

He said to me-let me do something for you.
    So he placed his ozone unit(newer saw it so i do not know what was it looked like)and really-the bad gasoline smell went away. However i had for weeks an unique smell in my car(not bad -but different-almost like a"clean"smell,or Hospital smell.)

So-does ozonics replaces one smell(natural odors)with an "artificial"odor,so the deer will notice this odor-not that odor???
    Last edited by gbk; January 15th, 2017 at 08:26 AM.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

ozone is an oxygen ion with 3 oxygen, whereas 02 is regular oxygen you breathe ozone is 03 so it has an extra unstable oxygen molecule. When this molecule collides with a violatile compound like odour molecules it oxidizes the odour compound and breaks it down so there isnt any reactivity left to it rendering the smell gone. It does the same for bacteria as well it will oxidize the bacteria.

Ozone is very unstable in that it dissociates back to 02 in minutes or seconds upon the binding of the 3rd oxygen molecule. Although the effects of using ozone to sterilize the ozone smell can linger, it doesnt stay for long.

Albeit these units do what they say...they create ozone...I dont believe it destroys all the odour and the animal or deer will likely still pick up on your odour.

From my professional experience using ozone in a controlled environment to get rid of smells, it really takes a while to break down scent. I would think the only functional purpose of this device is for latent effects of scent lingering in the area, I highly doubt if a deer is 50 yards from you it will make any difference.

In my experience building ozone units commercially and using them for deodorizing applications I dont see any benefit in spending the money, to me they are a marketing gimmick losely based on the science of breaking down odour and bacteria molecules. Waste of money if you ask me. It will fool the average Joe but probably be useless against hiding your scent from a deer, that hand held unit would not put out enough ozone to do any good. As for removing odour in an enclosed space I doubt this unit puts out anywhere near the required ammount to efficiently deodourize anything where scent free detergent would be much more effective and cheaper not to mention less time. You would have to have that thing in your hockey bag for hours to dampen any smells let alone get rid of them. Its just not powerful enough. You need a large unit to do a quick abd effective job and there isnt any batter powered unit that will power the UV light enough for this to be feasible. The portable commercial units I have run a ton of electricity and its just easier to wash my clothes.

If you have one of these units turn it on next time you take a number 2. If when you leave the washroom it still smells, you know it isnt going to work outdoors where scent is carried away instantly without any time for the ozone to react. The only somewhat useful application would be in a ground blind with zero air movement and that would only work if you have maybe 20 of these units hanging up.

Hunting the wind is free.
    Last edited by Deer Wrastler; January 15th, 2017 at 12:21 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Put one in the bathroom. You'll find out whether it works or not,damn quick,too.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

[COLOR=#333333]Hunting the wind is free- yep,agreed,thanx for the detailed and in depth feedback DW