Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advise on trolling motors

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I have a 20' jon boat that had a 12V, I believe 55lb thrust, on a good battery I could get about 6hrs out of it. This spring I will have the 80 ultera, which is a 24V system, on it so should have no more issues. I have a question to Part9, why did you go with a 3 bank, as I'm looking at only a 2 bank?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

a perfect size trolling motor for that boat package is a 55lb. thrust with a 54 shaft. You wont need to rewire anything on the boat since its still 12V system. A group 24 or Group 27 series will work perfect for your setup. Hope this helps

Henry Legend Boats

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I have Minnkota POWERDRIVE V2 70 LB 54" with i-PILOT mounted on bow of the boat connecting to 2 Interchange 12V Batteries and MK 210D On-Board Battery Charger
    Volts: 24

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

A 12V 55lb trolling motor will do an OK job if there is no wind or current.
    if you want to do it right the first time and not have to revisit again, go for the 24V 80lb system.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

24v at least 60lbs thrust...you wont regret going bigger but you will regret going smaller and cheaping out.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I ended up going with the 12 volt 55lb thrust motor.I used it about 2 to 3 hours per day and with a small solar panel it held the charge for the 2 weeks i used it at my cabin(i dont have hydro at the cabin other than a generator)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12