Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Temagami ????

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Temagami ????

How are the conditions? Any slush? Ice depth? Can you drive to Bear island by car yet? Any luck with the fish yet? Any info would be great!!!!

Cheers,
    Winter9

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Ice conditions are poor. The slush has not froze completely and there was a lot of it. There is a long warm spell coming that will cause a lot of ice to become unsafe. Right now you can be on 10 inches of ice and and take one step and be on 1 inch of ice. Water is still very warm which opened up holes and creates the thin spots. As of last week people were still dropping sleds through the ice and a small tractor at the landing went through even though it has been frozen for 4 week. I came out from the south arm on back trails on Wednesday and there was 10 or more inches of slush for 11.5 km out of 12. Blew up two machines but made it in. Heard today some of the hub operators cannot get there huts to there spots because too much slush. I am heading back in tomorrow so will have more info on Conditions. If you plan to travel on lake Temagami in the next 7 days be very careful and wear a float suit. Already fell through the ice a couple times this year. A float suit can be the difference between living and dying.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Jeff...any idea how the back lakes are? Diamond, Red Squirrel, etc... Hoping to head out for specks in 2 weeks but looks like crossing Temagami might not be an option.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I have been fishing some back lakes. They have 6 to 12 inches of ice but have a good amount of slush on them. Hopefully the warm spell will melt the slush down a bit. The ice in the back lakes is thick enough to withstand this warm spell. Two week should not be a problem. If the ice on the big lake is not safe enough to get to the back lakes you mentioned you can trailer your sleds to red squirrel lake road and make access from there as you probably already know. Good luck p.s. I have heard the spec fishing has been very good from some friends.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks Jeff...appreciate the info as always!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

We've got a camp behind Red Squirrel so looking forward to heading up for some fishing soon.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Thanks Jeff. Please keep us posted.
    60% of the time, it works every time :joker:

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Heading back in to the south arm today. Will have updated ice conditions tonight. If you want Temagami ice conditions just Pm me and I will send them to you

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks Jeff. Love your updates! Heading up there on the 26th, thanks to your info I won't be heading up there "blind". Hope the slush disappears...got stuck enough last year to last me for a while.

Cheers,
    Winter9

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Can you keep everyone updated on Temagami lake/ice conditions. Heading to Tamar Feb.3 -some in my group worried ice won't be safe. Sooooo looking forward to our trip
    Tkx
    CMac

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast