Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scugog death

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Scugog death

Just heard a 16 year old girl went through the ice last night on Scugog and died sadly. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Happened right by me.

I cant imagine the pain. But for clarities sake. The lead machine on which she was a passenger didnt go through. He hit open water. The 2nd machine was able to stop in time.

Theres open water all over the place, looking out my window as I type this, its open.....Far be it for me to judge, I'm not. God knows I did more than enough stupid things when I was young,

I just don't understand why they were out there in the first place.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Sad tragedy. My condolences.

As i type, still several sleds, huts and a truck out on the ice outside my glass doors on what seems to be decent ice. I can't imagine anyone one on the ice up your way J. anywhere near the river.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That is what puzzles me R, the victim and it could have been 4 was from Lindsay. Hence "cant understand".

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

from what I understand the driver got disoriented and was thinking he was heading back to portperry very sad thing to happen.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So mid lake area, thought he was heading south but was going north?
    Heard from one person on street may have been crossing from view lake? Dont know, dont listen to grapevine too much.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I live about a half a km from where it happened... not good at all and could have been avoided

About a month ago when the weather was warmer than it has been the past few weeks the lake was frozen up solid.... the locks in Lindsay were closed up and there was no issues to drive a sled in the exact same area.... after the quick thaw locks have been opened up for the past few weeks and even with minus 20 weather we had nothing froze because of the current... im assuming the closed them right after this incident.... everything has started to freeze up the past two days again.... in my opinion they should keep them closed up during the winter for safe ice conditions on the lake...

The rider obviously shouldn't have been driving in an unknown area especially at 10 pm... sad to see and terrible for the girl and her family...

Possible he rode in that area earlier in January and assumed it would have been the same...

Quote Originally Posted by JBen View Post
    Happened right by me.

I cant imagine the pain. But for clarities sake. The lead machine on which she was a passenger didnt go through. He hit open water. The 2nd machine was able to stop in time.

Theres open water all over the place, looking out my window as I type this, its open.....Far be it for me to judge, I'm not. God knows I did more than enough stupid things when I was young,

I just don't understand why they were out there in the first place.
    Rippin' Lips!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

So sad. An Ottawa teenage girl lost her life a few days ago due to an unknown drug. Can't imagine the pain these families must go through. I think I'll hug my daughter a few extra times today.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Province wide,the number of snowmobile fatalities is,so far,the worst in many years. No one seems to know why there's such an upswing. This tragedy could have been avoided as could all of them. When we lose kids,it always rips at your heart strings. My sincere sympathy to the family.
    Don't lose what is real chasing what only appears to be.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

My youngest daughter is just 17. I can't imagine losing her. This is truly tragic.
    I 'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast