Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice season 2017

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Thumbs down Ice season 2017

Packed away all my ice fishing gear, auger and Clam today in 18 Deg C weather, what a very disappointing season that started out so great. Cold came early but didn't hang around long here in the Lake St Clair area. The end of a long ice fishing season is depressing but not having one at all is worse yet.

Mother nature for the second winter in a row has given us here in the banana belt the middle finger
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Amen to that.
    I just pulled my Clam out of storage last weekend, just to put it back this weekend.
    ------------------------------------------
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The next door neighbor is threatening to put his boat back in the water to go after pan fish.
    Don't lose what is real chasing what only appears to be.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Folks here have already put boats in and have been boating quality walleye on the Thames River, Way to early for that

Just starting out

User Info Menu

thinking i might sell my auger and fish finder and hut after 2 years of these crappy winters

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I'd thought about upgrading an original style Clam to a thermal Clam. That's not happening until I see some solid winters. I got out twice on Simcoe for perch. Very discouraging.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Hauled my ice shack off the Ottawa river last night, can't say it was a great season, but it was definitely better than last year.
    Rod Embree
    KMG Hunting Safaris

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    I'd thought about upgrading an original style Clam to a thermal Clam. That's not happening until I see some solid winters. I got out twice on Simcoe for perch. Very discouraging.
    I did upgrade to a Runner thermal two winters ago and can tell you that they are worth the money in cold temps, just have not had enough of the cold to feel good about the extra cost

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Ice season isnt over yet boys. Still a few weeks left at least!!

Ive done so much, with so little, that now i can do anything, with nothing!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Agreed Sinker. Now that the slush is gone we will have glare ice by next weekend....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast