Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ice season 2017

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Maybe in your area but here in the sunny south we are now fishing the soft water and have been for a few weeks now!
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patvetzal View Post
    Agreed Sinker. Now that the slush is gone we will have glare ice by next weekend....
    We pulled a shack off today in glare ice conditions. We used a bike with tracks but had to be careful as the shack wanted to pass the bike at times or pull it sideways. Buddy of mine stepped off the bike and cracked his pumpkin, thank God he still had his helmet on. We had a pile of rain here lately causing the surface water to whirlpool down the fish holes. Not only are the holes twice the diameter the depth of the ice at the old holes is only about 6 inches (was 14 inches 3 weeks ago). Be careful guys the ice conditions are deteriorating faster than years gone by.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Sometimes you gotta just go for a drive...spent 5 hours on the road yesterday but landed my pb splake...ice was about 18" total...at least 12" of good

Member for Life

User Info Menu

For next weekend, Our outfitter out of Beaverton pulled all his huts even for perch and the perchin for MS tourney out of sibbald point is cancelled. Looks like there goes my ice fishing weekend!
    Will have to kill some geese or find some safe ice.
    My name is BOWJ..... and I am a waterfowl addict!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

best winter ever for me... didn't have to kill myself clearing snow, didn't have to freeze my nuts off and turkey and trout season are just around the corner... oh and the deer/turkey probably survived well!

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bowj View Post
    For next weekend, Our outfitter out of Beaverton pulled all his huts even for perch and the perchin for MS tourney out of sibbald point is cancelled. Looks like there goes my ice fishing weekend!
    Will have to kill some geese or find some safe ice.
    You're using the wrong operator apparently. The good ones are still out there and catching a lot of good fish too.

S.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

cold up here
    nice to go for a 1 min drive down the rd to hook a pike

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Caught my first 3 whitefish this weekend on Simcoe. 2 of us fished 3 days and only caught 7 total, but they were good eating and smoked. About 5" of ice where we were on Simcoe. Not a lot of people out but it was cold and windy.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RHYBAK View Post
    Amen to that.
    I just pulled my Clam out of storage last weekend, just to put it back this weekend.
    Glad to hear you guys are having such a great time. I'll be visiting a friend there soon so hoping to get similar results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12