Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Conditions - Haliburton/Bancroft/Apsley Area

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Ice Conditions - Haliburton/Bancroft/Apsley Area

Anyone been out to check the ice conditions around the Haliburton/Bancroft/Apsley area? Anyone think the small lakes are still safe to go out on?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Was up at the camp last week on small lake pretty solid Coe Hill area,just make sure they haven't opened up a dam anywhere.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Just came home from wilberforce... between haliburton and Bancroft. I missed today's rain but before that there was lots of ice. No snow at all on the lakes. Very slippery!!
    Probably 12" on my small lake. Took the sled out ice fishing each day with no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Sleds are dropping thru patches of rotten ice.Probably OK for a high speed crossing but don't stop where there could be a large rock or shoal that has been soaking up the heat... Deeper water is probably safest ....Big changes in the past two days...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

As fast as it rots, it regrows......by next weekend things should be solid again when the minus teens arrive...

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patvetzal View Post
    As fast as it rots, it regrows......by next weekend things should be solid again when the minus teens arrive...
    That's what I'm hoping for. One last kick at the can next week end for that giant Haliburton rainbow that's been eluding me all season!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Was on elephant lake today with my atv, ice was 14+ inches but there is definitely some sketchy spots.

Swims with the Fishes

User Info Menu

Ice on the speck lakes I fish is ok but messy hiking in. But I also stay close to shore and shallow.
    I treat March same as first ice. I have a change of clothes and shoes I leave on shore and walk out with a rope just in case. A few of the speck lakes il even get a fire going on shore first.
    Done the swim in the past and it's not fun walking out soaking wet.
    That rug really tied the room together

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Minus 30 last night. Pretty crunchy this morning....

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patvetzal View Post
    Minus 30 last night. Pretty crunchy this morning....
    Yep. But the kids don't seem to mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast