Thread: nippissing ice conditions

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default nippissing ice conditions

So its looking like my trip next week to a lodge on the Ottawa River may not happen due to poor ice after this warm spell. If I have to rebook somewhere else (assuming its even possible last minute) I will probably be looking at Nippissing. Is the ice any better there? still good for machine travel?

Thanks in advance.
    Things that fly turn me on

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I was there Feb 19-23. Ice was around 18-20" thick. Lots of water on top of the ice though. We got a thunderstorm & lots of rain. They started to drill some holes to help drain some of the water off the ice. On the 23rd the operators were trying to get anyone with a truck off the ice as there were beginning to be open holes, especially near shore. We stayed with South Shore Ice Condos. Maybe give them or another local operator a call to check current ice conditions.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I'm heading up Friday March 3rd for my 4th time at Snowfari Adventures these guys are amazing. Todd White is the guy to contact 1-705-491-0375 this is his cell number. I know that he does have some availability the ice is 18 - 20" thick like Maxco41 said. And with the cold spell right now everything will firm up good. You can check them out on Facebook. Feel free to tell Todd that his number 1 customer Jason sent you his way. Hope all works out for you.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, the place I was originally booked at survived the thaw. back to plan A.
    Things that fly turn me on