Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: SmartOut Ontario - android app for outdoorsmen

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by p4rp View Post
    Hi guys,
    just wanted to update you that I've created another app for hunters and fishermen (and others) - Location Chat. The idea is to track your own and your friends' positions on the map online and to send messages at the same time.

So, for example, if you are hunting together you get to your stands and be able to see where everybody is. And if you spot a deer, for example, you could warn your friend - "buck is heading your way!". You can also mark a location on the map so people in the same chat (and only them) will be able to see it. It obviously requires cell (data) connection in the area.

When you install the app you need to register an account on one of suggested free chat servers. Account is not linked to your phone # or email, you don't need to provide any personal info. Account looks like regular email address 'hunter@jabb.im'. Once your friend does the same - you add their account to your contacts in Location Chat and you are ready to go.

Give it a try! I'm looking for suggestions and improvement ideas.

Location Chat on Google Play:

https://market.android.com/details?i...p4rp.messenger

Attachment 40812

THIS! YESSS DUDE thank you so much! will be downloading this now on my and my fathers phone will let you know how we like it, much apricated!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    THIS! YESSS DUDE thank you so much! will be downloading this now on my and my fathers phone will let you know how we like it, much apricated!
    I like your excitement. Once you are online you can ask me questions directly, I'll be in your contacts in Location Chat as Wizard (yes, I know, not very modest nickname )

Elite Member

User Info Menu

I like your excitement. Once you are online you can ask me questions directly, I'll be in your contacts in Location Chat as Wizard (yes, I know, not very modest nickname )
    the only issues we had was making an account is a little iffy, other than that once we got logged in very straight forward, i also really like the notification bar looks better than any of the other apps out there. will be using this thanks alot.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Where are you located in Ontario? I have been looking for an android developer for some other opportunities in the hunting/fishing space...

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Fishing seasons 2021 added!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hunting seasons 2021-22 added.

Stay safe!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Hunting seasons 2021-22 added.

Stay safe!
    Thank you again your effort is very much appreciated!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Downloaded and had a quick look. Nicely laid out. If there was a feature that showed you everything that was currently open to fish in your FMZ I would buy it. For example: It's December 4th and i'd like to go fishing today. What is open? Checking every species, and then the exceptions, and then the additional opportunities is backwards. Having a list of currently open waterbodies, and then the species within them seems more useful.
    Just my $.02
    I came up with an idiot proof idea, then someone went and made a better idiot.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Unfortunately the updates to the app are discontinued. If anyone desires to take over and wants a copy of source code - please email me at p4rp.mail@gmail.com. Though I warn you that is was my first experience with Android programming and is far from perfect.
    Last edited by p4rp; February 11th, 2024 at 03:34 PM.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Unfortunately the updates to the app are discontinued. If anyone desires to take over and wants a copy of source code - please email me at p4rp.mail@gmail.com. Though I warn you that is was my first experience with Android programming and is far from perfect.
    Thanks for doing this for all these years it's sad to see it go.

Unforfunately I am not talented enough to tackle this hopefully someone can pick this up and continue the tradition.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast