Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 152

Thread: some people need to read regulations

  1. #1
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default some people need to read regulations

    i am sorry to vent, but i am truly amazed by some hunters every year... i don't know if people don't know how to interpret the regulations or even look at them, but every season or two I have conversations with people, most of whom are long time hunters, who tell me stuff that is " the law" and I shake my head... a few years ago , during my heavy equipment course, a guy argued until he was blue in the face that the controlled hunt in Newbury/Bothwell are was only a weekend hunt, not a full week... no matter what I told him ( even when I told him we hunt for a full week, see and interact with CO's that would clearly charge us if we were hunting out of season) he was right... then I had to literally print off an email from a local CO that I had to show it is 100% legal to bait for deer, moose and bear during hunting season in Ontario.. still didn't believe me! .. then I had it out with someone who told me if I scouted turkeys with camo on, sitting in my blind ( not on here, although I know this was a discussion on here a while back too) that I would be charged for hunting out of season AND harassing wildlife.. now, I just had to clarify with a long time hunter that it is legal to hunt with decoys in Ontario... yes, i was "informed" by another long time hunter that "i better not get caught hunting with decoys.. it's illegal"... come on people... please , for the love of all humanity, read and understand the regs before running off at the mouth about what is and is not legal during open seasons... just baffles me... just to note, not bashing or calling out anyone on here or any other forum.. just putting out there what I have had told to me through general hunting conversations with friends and co workers..
    Last edited by buckluck_9pt; March 27th, 2017 at 12:00 PM.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Some people eh...I've also had some similar conversations

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default some people need to read regulations

    I have a link on my phone to look up stuff frequently. I seem to forget get legal limits. Fishing mostly but it's still handy to have for both sports. Yeah was a guy at our cottage last year. Told me I was breaking the law using callers and baiting. I'd tell him the regulations. His backward response. Was. If you say so. But your asking for trouble if you get caught. Just a dumbass.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    There is an Ask a CO question regarding calling turkeys early, before legal light, with an encased shotgun. The answer from the CO was pretty much that you could be charged as it meets the literal definition of hunting. I would imagine sitting in a blind, all camo, calling turkeys before season COULD meet the definition of hunting. I do know a couple CO's that would lay that charge....
    Your other examples are pretty much no brainers!!
    Last edited by rick_iles; March 27th, 2017 at 01:07 PM.

  6. #5
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    If you make something and people have difficulty using it are you the problem or are the people the problem.


    The regs are all over the place and not easy to interpret.

  7. #6
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Here is a tip........never argue with an idiot........people listening won't be able to tell you apart.

  8. #7
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo View Post
    Here is a tip........never argue with an idiot........people listening won't be able to tell you apart.
    Take that one step further, just avoid people

  9. #8
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckluck_9pt View Post
    i am sorry to vent, but i am truly amazed by some hunters every year... i don't know if people don't know how to interpret the regulations or even look at them, but every season or two I have conversations with people, most of whom are long time hunters, who tell me stuff that is " the law" and I shake my head... a few years ago , during my heavy equipment course, a guy argued until he was blue in the face that the controlled hunt in Newbury/Bothwell are was only a weekend hunt, not a full week... no matter what I told him ( even when I told him we hunt for a full week, see and interact with CO's that would clearly charge us if we were hunting out of season) he was right... then I had to literally print off an email from a local CO that I had to show it is 100% legal to bait for deer, moose and bear during hunting season in Ontario.. still didn't believe me! .. then I had it out with someone who told me if I scouted turkeys with camo on, sitting in my blind ( not on here, although I know this was a discussion on here a while back too) that I would be charged for hunting out of season AND harassing wildlife.. now, I just had to clarify with a long time hunter that it is legal to hunt with decoys in Ontario... yes, i was "informed" by another long time hunter that "i better not get caught hunting with decoys.. it's illegal"... come on people... please , for the love of all humanity, read and understand the regs before running off at the mouth about what is and is not legal during open seasons... just baffles me... just to note, not bashing or calling out anyone on here or any other forum.. just putting out there what I have had told to me through general hunting conversations with friends and co workers..
    I learned a long time ago not to argue with people like that. It's an exercise in frustration. I got fed up with listening to them,so,I just let them spout off,smile and nod then do what ever I want,anyway. It's a lot easier on the nerves. If they want to limit their outdoor activity and enjoyment because they aren't sharp enough to figure it out,screw 'em. Not my job,man,besides,there's always one less moron in the bush to deal with,right?
    Last edited by trimmer21; March 27th, 2017 at 02:22 PM.
    Socialism has an entrance and an exit. Vote your way in and shoot your way out.

  10. #9
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goosesniper View Post
    I have a link on my phone to look up stuff frequently. I seem to forget get legal limits. Fishing mostly but it's still handy to have for both sports. Yeah was a guy at our cottage last year. Told me I was breaking the law using callers and baiting. I'd tell him the regulations. His backward response. Was. If you say so. But your asking for trouble if you get caught. Just a dumbass.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some people tend to think that certain rules that apply to one species also apply to another. As we are all aware e-callers, bait & live decoys are illegal for turkey hunting. Doesn't apply to coyotes for example.
    So many critters & so little time to hunt......

  11. #10
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I think that as a general rule, those of us on this forum are more familiar with the regs than most hunters. If someone happens to make a false or inaccurate statement, they are usually quickly corrected. It's sometimes seen as petty (sometimes it's splitting hairs), but for the most part it makes all of us a little more aware of the rules.

    I would definitely agree with you though. Some of the stuff you hear people spout as "the law" is very strange.
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •