Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wife nuts/ guns gone

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Wife nuts/ guns gone

Had a push button seperation. Ya 911, he's beating me. Went through the courts. She was found certifiable so guns should come back. Now that being said I would imagine that will take a wee while cause that finding only happened 1 biz day ago. Okay all good,but. Regardless of how that went down a seperation is a seperation and I'm rooked come PAL renewal aren't I ? Face it safe to say she did not loose well so i would think as soon as I tick off seperated on the form, they contact her, she wizzez in my corn flakes the renewal is pooched. That sound right?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by standup View Post
    Had a push button seperation. Ya 911, he's beating me. Went through the courts. She was found certifiable so guns should come back. Now that being said I would imagine that will take a wee while cause that finding only happened 1 biz day ago. Okay all good,but. Regardless of how that went down a seperation is a seperation and I'm rooked come PAL renewal aren't I ? Face it safe to say she did not loose well so i would think as soon as I tick off seperated on the form, they contact her, she wizzez in my corn flakes the renewal is pooched. That sound right?
    It asks questions, probably not a bad idea to move them to your friends place and "give" them to him until your renewal comes in. If she is certifiable as you say and that is noted with the police and the courts then what she says will not cover a lot of weight without evidence. Divorce and separation does not mean you lose your guns, it also does not mean that they will call her. One thin for sure, if you say that you have not been separated trying to keep from her name being on the form you will lose.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Get a lawyer.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

From your post, I suspect your guns were seized during the investigation or completion of any hearings. Your PAL would have been suspended as well. You were likely released on conditions not to possess firearms etc., if assault charges were laid etc..
    Bottom line, there should have been an order of disposition from the court, for any guns seized. If the court ordered your guns returned, it may take a bit to get them. I'd be calling the investigating officers to expedite the process. Your PAL should be reinstated as well. They won't return any guns until your PAL has been reinstated...With respect to renewing your PAL, answer truthfully, and I would send a letter with the application, explaining your circumstances. And yes, they will be calling your ex.....your renewal will likely take some time as it will be investigated by a firearms officer.
    Without knowing exactly what happened, I can only guess what occurred....sound about right ?????
    I hope your lawyer made sure there was an order of disposition...without one, your guns are history !!

Send me a PM if you need more info....
    Last edited by rick_iles; March 27th, 2017 at 07:26 PM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    From your post, I suspect your guns were seized during the investigation or completion of any hearings. Your PAL would have been suspended as well. You were likely released on conditions not to possess firearms etc., if assault charges were laid etc..
    Bottom line, there should have been an order of disposition from the court, for any guns seized. If the court ordered your guns returned, it may take a bit to get them. I'd be calling the investigating officers to expedite the process. Your PAL should be reinstated as well. They won't return any guns until your PAL has been reinstated...With respect to renewing your PAL, answer truthfully, and I would send a letter with the application, explaining your circumstances. And yes, they will be calling your ex.....your renewal will likely take some time as it will be investigated by a firearms officer.
    Without knowing exactly what happened, I can only guess what occurred....sound about right ?????
    I hope your lawyer made sure there was an order of disposition...without one, your guns are history !!

Send me a PM if you need more info....
    I was found innocent friday of the inadequate storage she ecused me of. Nov 03 when guns were seized on her claims of assault and improper storage I was released on a weapons ban order cond. PAL was seized out of wallet by cops. On friday I was given a walk. Free zERO condition, zero bail, zero anything

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by standup View Post
    I was found innocent friday of the inadequate storage she ecused me of. Nov 03 when guns were seized on her claims of assault and improper storage I was released on a weapons ban order cond. PAL was seized out of wallet by cops. On friday I was given a walk. Free zERO condition, zero bail, zero anything
    What about a disposition order for your guns??

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Didn't hear of one. Just emailed lawyer to ask

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

In all the temp seizures including my own in 2001 I've never heard that's needed if innocence was found

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Without an order of disposition, weapons are usually forfeited to the crown..talk to your lawyer about this...It will depend on the disposition of the weapons charges...
    Last edited by rick_iles; March 27th, 2017 at 08:22 PM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Howd they come back in 01 w/o order and why is cop shop telling me I only have a month to get them? Get them from the cop lock up if they're gone to crown? Get them from cops if investigating officer says "see if you win trial and get guns"?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast