Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New quad suggestions

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default New quad suggestions

HEY,

Im interested in buying a new quad for hunting/ overall workhorse for the cottage. I was just wonding what companies you guys suggest and what companies to stay away from?

THX

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Honda in my opinion, have been using them since 1986 for everything from pulling logs and moose/deer out of the bush to yard work, if you are planning on using it for yard work get one where you can select 2 or 4 wheel drive, the full time 4 wheel drive makes a mess of the lawn!
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Honda is bullet proof because of automotive type drive train. No belts to burn..
    A Japanese quad in any case would be my preference because of the refined engines.
    I have a Arcticcat 650LE with Kawasaki twin engine which is extremely reliable. but had to spend thousands of dollars to upgrade anything else from shocks to clutch rework, steering linkages, ball joints, you name it. Only then the bike became reliable.
    Now Arcticcat makes their own engines. I also would recommend EPS Power steering and mudpro light 6ply tires.
    The OEM tires on most bikes are junk.
    There is a tendency for large engine bikes 700CC and up. In my opinion a 500 CC quad is better suited for hunting as they are more nimble in the bush.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Honda and Yamaha ate the two main atv to buy.thy hold there value and will work for many years

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Yamaha and Honda are reliable, the rest wish they were.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Lol im not brand bias. Ive had them all.

I really don't have anything bad to say about any of the major brands these days. They all have pros and cons. The big 3 Japanese bikes are the most reliable bikes (honda Suzuki Yamaha)

But Polaris and arctic cat have come along way.

The Canams are great bikes that likely have the biggest horsepower and price tags but they are my favorite.

Still like my 1998 Suzuki king quad 300 though. Havnt done a thing to do it since I've bought it. Never let's me down.

Between me and my 3 brothers and my father, we've had over 30 quads in the last 20 years. Still have 9 of them at the farm....plus all the trikes

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

The incentives on Arctic Cat were good enough to get me to try one. I have a 2014 Prowler HDX, owned and driven hard since 2014, and I have no regrets. Especially since I saved thousands compared to Honda or Yamaha.
    I have owned every brand other then Polaris and this Cat is just has good as the others.

Right now you can get a brand new 2016 Cat Alterra 450, with EFI and 4x4 with diff lock, for about 4k. Try to match that with any other brand.

http://www.jacriviererouge.ca/atv-ne...3f7134343e.htm

If your looking for something with more power, Cat now has a VLX model. I believe its around 7k for a 700cc quad with no frills.
    Last edited by 3Wheelerdude; April 10th, 2017 at 08:26 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

X2 on the Honda Foreman TRX series. They're like mini farm tractors for working. Get one with a winch. They'll get you out of all kinds of trouble when the going gets tough.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

My 2016 Can Am 450 Outlander L Max DPS has been trouble free.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

thanks guys!
    has anyone had a bad experience with an Can-AM?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast