Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New quad suggestions

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

The answer to your question is like:, what is the best pick up, what is the best dog, what is the best deer caliber etc.
    I have owned 4 of a brand not mentioned too much on this thread and have been very happy.
    Only suggestion I would offer don't buy too many CC's unless you want to go fast, 400-500 is plenty for what you are looking to do and buy what you like, test ride if at all possible
    Good luck

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zoli 16ga. View Post
    I'm importing a few of these. Keeping one for myself. Lots of parts available. Google kei trucks or mini truck. 5 speed 4x4 with axel lock.

Good idea of what they are capable of - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-MO5cipULo

A great ATV alternative.

PM me if your interested.
    Have you been able to get one of these through a safety check to allow for on road licensing & insurance or found a place that will insure it as an off-road vehicle?
    Without insurance it's useless unless used on property you occupy.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I know of a guy locally that has a Suzuki mini, he has it licensed as a regular vehicle and drives it on the road. He's driven it back to our deer camp in trails used by atvs and SxS.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    Have you been able to get one of these through a safety check to allow for on road licensing & insurance or found a place that will insure it as an off-road vehicle?
    Without insurance it's useless unless used on property you occupy.
    check out kijiji, there's lots for sale, and licensed for the road, a lot of cool u tube vids,

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Honda Foreman great workhorse.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Had one behind me on the road yesterday. Yes to all your questions. Not trying to convince anyone. Just a suggestion to an alternative.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Can't go wrong with a Honda...............at moose camp there are 12 to 15 guys, every one has a Honda except one guy as a Yammy. Most are farm boys who use them year round on the farm except for the guy with the Yammy he lives up north.
    I love fishing but REALLY it is just a way to pass time until hunting season!!!!

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mbhunter View Post
    Weight has been the only complaint I've heard of. I've driven an 850 Outlander and was surprised of its mass. Google tells me the CanAm weighs 100lbs more than the Yamaha when comparing the Outlander to the Grizzly.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    I have no doubt about that weight difference, but I think it has more to do with the Grizzly being much lighter than the rest of the pack as opposed to the CanAm being heavier.

I have an 05 Outlander have have generally been happy with it, although I would prefer 500cc's. All bikes have their good and bad points and as many have said, Hondas are pretty reliable for all kinds of use. If you are planning on using it for trail riding then I would strongly suggest rear independent suspension and for riding comfort the Polaris Sportsman is really tough to beat. I think the Outlander would be a close second.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bester View Post
    My buddy has a 2012 can am and last year his power steering stopped working. He took it back to the dealership and it cost him nearly $2000.00 to have it fixed. After researching he found out he wasn't the only one with this problem.
    Yes I had huge issues with my 2007 Canam outlander. 4X4 and front end gave constant problems. so much I stopped riding it and more or less sold it for next to nothing. My Honda Rincon has been trouble free and my buddies Yamaha Grizzly is great as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123