Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arctic cat atv

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    One member of our ATV club has had the motor replaced 3 times under warranty. Last time they snorkeled the quad. Apparently if your like to hit mud puddles fast they tend to suck up water into the motor. It was never a problem for him with the Can-Am (un-snorkeled) but the tree was a problem. His wife wrote it off & brought the Cat to replace it.
    OK, your post is kind of hard to follow.

The Cat's had the issue? Seems odd, since on the 400s the carb is located high, and at the rear of the engine. I've had mine up to almost my knees while sitting.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isartw View Post
    Absolutely. You are right. They do the same trick like car manufacturers. I know for sure that first generation Chevrolet Equinox, which was assembled in Oshawa had whole engine unit manufactured in Shangai, China.
    You are correct that the power train was built in China, but it was at a GM factory using a GM design. The only thing significant was that it was built and shipped from the other side of the world, instead of from within N.A., which is the norm. Oh yeah, the first generation Equinox was assembled exclusively in Ingersoll.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebulldog View Post
    The Cat's had the issue? Seems odd, since on the 400s the carb is located high, and at the rear of the engine. I've had mine up to almost my knees while sitting.
    Yes the Cat had issues.
    Never said it was a 400.
    500 I believe, 2-up.
    Maybe it's an issue with body design. Happened when hitting water at speed when un-snorkeled.
    Since snorkel added, not a problem.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    Yes the Cat had issues.
    Never said it was a 400.
    500 I believe, 2-up.
    Maybe it's an issue with body design. Happened when hitting water at speed when un-snorkeled.
    Since snorkel added, not a problem.
    Ah, makes sense now.

Probably body design, like you said. Or possibly lots of weight damping down the rear...lol.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I picked up a '16 400 Altera last year as well. Personally its great bang for your buck. Cold start is a pain as mentioned above but besides that no issues whatsoever.

If I had to pick again something with power steering but that's just preference.

Bep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12