Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need hunting boots

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Need hunting boots

I need a new pair of boots...I want a pair with really good support through the ankle....
    Thinking of going with a mountanering type boot

What are your suggestions

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It depends on where and how you hunt ie: sloggin' through swamps and bogs or climbing through heavy timber and rock cuts. Like most of us,you'll likely find that you'll need more than one pair.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

A boot I can recommend are by Irish Setter - Elk Trackers and Bass Pro normally stock them. Great all around boot with Gortex. I have owned many boots by Irish Setter and Danner and hands down this is my go to boot for moose and deer hunting.
    Hope this helps.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I have 2 pair of hunting boots. A pair of Rocky 1200 gm thinsulate boots and and a pair of Rocky Gortex 400gm boots. I use the 1200 gm boots for late fall, winter and early spring hunting. The Gortex boots for late spring and early fall hunting. I have walked many kilometres in both pairs with no problems. Both style of boots are waterproof, although for some reason water always comes in over the top of them.
    No good hunt ever ends with...and then my wife helped me find my truck.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by moosemadman View Post
    A boot I can recommend are by Irish Setter - Elk Trackers and Bass Pro normally stock them. Great all around boot with Gortex. I have owned many boots by Irish Setter and Danner and hands down this is my go to boot for moose and deer hunting.
    Hope this helps.
    I have had a pair of the Irish Setters very good boot.....
    Not to water proof anymore..
    I've owned 2 pairs a Danners and liked them too...
    I think I'm just looking for something light ,waterproof and hard wearing...and different from what I've already had

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I wear rubber boots only. Where I hunt I am typically crossing shallow ditches & flooded farmers fields. Leather upper boots wouldn't last more than a season for me.I just picked up a pair of non-insulated muck x-press cool boots for turkey hunting. My Irish setter non-insulated have a tear in the neo-prene so that gave me an excuse to buy another pair...lol

Irish setter also makes a nice boot & the exoflex ankle support is awesome.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Danner Canadians, Chippewa snake boots, and Lacrosse Alpha Burly for me, depending on the season and water levels. I recently bought a pair of Action neoprene boots and for the price they seem OK so far but not as comfortable as the Lacrosse.
    National Association for Search and Rescue

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Danner Canadians . I have had this pair for 18 years and they just started a very small slow leak. I have put many many miles on these boots and they have certainly not been babied one bit. Only thing I have done to them is applied mink oil once a year and changed the laces. I would recommend them and will be buying another pair when I can find them on sale. Well worth the price tag In my humble opinion.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter John View Post
    Danner Canadians . I have had this pair for 18 years and they just started a very small slow leak. I have put many many miles on these boots and they have certainly not been babied one bit. Only thing I have done to them is applied mink oil once a year and changed the laces. I would recommend them and will be buying another pair when I can find them on sale. Well worth the price tag In my humble opinion.
    I just got some Danner Boot Dressing for mine, good stuff and I would recommend it for outdoors boots (not good for a spit shine tho).
    National Association for Search and Rescue

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I also am a fan of the danners..... Have a pair of Acadias great boot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast