Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need hunting boots

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I asked the question but for boots to get me to and from work (waiting for the bus and train) and I ended up going with Cabelas, mainly because of the warranty. I really like them, nothing wearing out at all with one full winter of use in them, they will be my go to hunting boot (I need a new pair for this fall).

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I still like the Irish setter wingshooter or birdshooter boots. I even wear them to work. I wear insulated rubber boots in the winter, but all other seasons I wear my setters

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I have 10 pairs of boots ( not counting waders ). No such thing as one pair does all unless you carry a garbage bag you can tie around your neck.
    Experience is what you gain when you didn't get what you wanted.

Many are called but only a few are chosen.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tracker View Post
    I have 10 pairs of boots ( not counting waders ). No such thing as one pair does all unless you carry a garbage bag you can tie around your neck.
    One pair of rubber wellies and a few pair of liners is all I need cause I cant wear more than one pair at a time. No room on the neck for the garbage bag cause I wrap my gun sock around my neck to stay warm.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I would check out the Cabelas Mendel hunting boots. If you want a great hunting boot with great ankle support and comfort and durability they are tough to beat. Never understood why people scrimp on price for a good boot. If you are spending all day on your feet after buying a bow or rifle and all the other gear it's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    One pair of rubber wellies and a few pair of liners is all I need cause I cant wear more than one pair at a time. No room on the neck for the garbage bag cause I wrap my gun sock around my neck to stay warm.
    One of the guys in our group was doing a push and to get across water he carries two green garbage bags, tapes them tight to his leg. Works until they get holes in bottom.
    Experience is what you gain when you didn't get what you wanted.

Many are called but only a few are chosen.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Danner Canadian GTX invest the money once and never look back. I love mine

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    "I may not have gone where I was supposed to go, but I ended up where I was supposed to be"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Cheap gear is more expensive than top of the line gear everytime

"I may not have gone where I was supposed to go, but I ended up where I was supposed to be"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter John View Post
    Danner Canadians . I have had this pair for 18 years and they just started a very small slow leak. I have put many many miles on these boots and they have certainly not been babied one bit. Only thing I have done to them is applied mink oil once a year and changed the laces. I would recommend them and will be buying another pair when I can find them on sale. Well worth the price tag In my humble opinion.

Send them back to Danner. They will rebuild them for a fraction of the cost of new.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter1 View Post
    Danner Canadian GTX invest the money once and never look back. I love mine

Danners , comfortable, warm, waterproof, great on your feet for walking log distances, great support, but I also have at least 6 other pairs, and 3 pairs of high topped rubber boots all different because as it has been said, one pair of boots cannot cover all types of terrain and situations, try wearing snowshoes with Danners uh , uh.
    Last edited by jaycee; April 29th, 2017 at 11:31 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast