Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braid for jig fishing

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Braid for jig fishing

Gonna switch to braid any suggestions for brands and lb I should lost on 2500 series reels fish are mostly 2 -4 lbs on nipissing will be tossing jigs with power baits thanks in advance guys

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I like the berkley nanofil or fire line in 10-14lb test for the spinning reel size you specified. Have used powerpro and it was ok, tended to get casting knots quite a lot tho. Be sure to put some monofilament on your reel first before spooling on the braid otherwise the braid will slip on the spool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I like nanofil as well. 10lb is thinner than the 6-8lb mono I used in the past. I like the hi-vis yellow so I can watch the line and I'll adjust the leader length based on conditions.

x2 on the mono backing or some plumbers tape so the line does not spin on the spool. Although some newer reels have some rubber on the spools to help with super lines, the backing helps cut down on the amount of line you need to fill a spool.
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

Dorothy Sarnoff

Member for Life

User Info Menu

20lbs test Power Pro with a flurocarbon leader.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

8LB power pro
    Fish wait for no man

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I use 10lb fireline yellow with mono lead.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blasted_saber View Post
    20lbs test Power Pro with a flurocarbon leader.
    I have the exact same set-up and it works great

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I use braid for everything, except jigging walleye. 8lb mono. I find the fish can feel you with braid.

Rip jigging is a different story, braid all the way to the jig.

S.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

x 3 on 20 lb power pro with a flouro leader.. I use hi vis yellow, green and the timber colour

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

So I think you need to decide whether you will be going with a leader or not. If you do go with a leader go a little heavier with the braid (15-20#). If you decide to go straight braid go lighter (8-12#) unless you're ripping.
    As far as superline, after a year of using it I'm a big fan of Gliss but it's not widely available in Canada. My other go to is suffix 832, best braid out there as far as I'm concerned.
    Ardent
    Rule the water!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast