Thread: Lakemaster Plus

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Lakemaster Plus

I will bite the bullet later this month and buy either Humminbird's Solix or Helix with the iPilot link and the Lakemaster Plus because of the 'follow the contour' option. I fish breaks and weed lines only. The info I have come across says I can make my own maps using chart plotter. What I need to know is if anyone here has gone this way and if so, are you satisfied with the results.
    The world is 70% water, might as well fish it.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I bought into the idea as well with my Helix and iPilot Link set-up... Unfortunately Lakemaster does not have maps for Ontario making it useless. You can't follow the contour using a Navionics card... Your only option is to use Autochart Live and map the lake/area yourself. This is okay, but not as impressive as having a preloaded card. Why Lakemaster does not have Ontario covered is beyond me. We'd be a huge market for both local and touring fishermen.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I fish a lot of unknown lakes that no one has charts of..... So you have used the Autochart and are not satisfied with the results. It is my only option. The research I have done ( contacted Humminbird also ) states that Lakemaster ( I don't need it for the maps it has ) is required to do what I want to do. Delivery of the boat is late August. I will post the results here in September.
    Last edited by sizematters; July 5th, 2017 at 05:57 AM.
    The world is 70% water, might as well fish it.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I received the I-pilot link as a gift and all I really got from it it's a better remote and that's about it.
    I have Navionic so I follow the contour using the map and record the track that I can play again. Been able to seat and fish and not have to drive the boat is a great feeling.

It's the first time I hear about "Autochart" so I'm also very interested. I'll follow that thread closely.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Checkout "Uncut Angling" on youtube - Aaron has a video that shows Lakemaster auto charting - it appears to work really well and helps build maps fairly quickly. I haven't used it myself, but it looks very interesting.

FishFrenzy

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Just don't spend the $169 on the lakemaster Ontario Version 1 chart. It's pretty much useless in the areas South of Sudbury I have been on.