Thread: Backroad Maps Android app

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Backroad Maps Android app

I was wondering if anyone uses the Backroad Maps Android app? It looks pretty good it subscription based at 99 cents a month so it doesn't break the bank and you just renew each month. Just ready the info now.

If you have it what do you think?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I was wondering if anyone uses the Backroad Maps Android app? It looks pretty good it subscription based at 99 cents a month so it doesn't break the bank and you just renew each month. Just ready the info now.

If you have it what do you think?
    I use Canada Topo Maps Pro, also an Android App, and I think it's fantastic. No monthly subscription, just a one time payment of less than ten bucks. Got mine from Amazon.ca and I've been using it for about 2 years now. It's never let me down.
    My Blogs;
    https://presentlytravelling.wordpress.com
    https://presentlywandering.wordpress.com

Member for Life

User Info Menu

What's wrong with "Mapart Publishing Ontario Road Atlas Back Roads Edition. " only 20 bucks and has all the back roads in Ontario at your finger tips , [finger tips for flipping pages.]

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    What's wrong with "Mapart Publishing Ontario Road Atlas Back Roads Edition. " only 20 bucks and has all the back roads in Ontario at your finger tips , [finger tips for flipping pages.]
    As new trails and roads are added, the books are pretty much obsolete the day after publishing.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    As new trails and roads are added, the books are pretty much obsolete the day after publishing.
    I have yet to find a road that isn't on these maps, they are updated every so often, the same can be said for the Android apps. how often are they updated ??? every other month, year ???