Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coleman Premium Dual-Fuel Lantern

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Coleman Premium Dual-Fuel Lantern

So I just order this Coleman lantern the other day. I was wondering if anyone else uses it?

It's suppose to burn gasoline. If you have one do you just use Unleaded or Premium?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0009PUR2M/...709270_TE_item

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Weird, never saw them before.

I hope they come back out with mantals that survive more than 1 lighting, the last ones I was using when ice fishing frustrated the crap out of me.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You must of got defective one. Generally I get a season out of them going down some pretty wicked bumbs

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    You must of got defective one. Generally I get a season out of them going down some pretty wicked bumbs
    How old is your stock of mantles? I have a number of them that are new, all garbage, you cannot travel with the lantern or they are broken, the older ones seemed to be a lot stronger.

There are 2 model numbers, the older ones are not made anymore, lots of complaints from people with regards to the new ones.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Back to OP

I thought Duel - Fuel Coleman's have been around for a long time.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I've had the large 2 mantle dual fuel, a single mini dual fuel and my dual fuel coleman stove, bought in 1992 or 93, had to change one generator so far in the lantern. Regular or premium no lead, NO ethanol. You can switch back and forth. At the price of Naphtha nowadays, gas is far cheaper.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

They have been, I just finally broke down and bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by farsider View Post
    Back to OP

I thought Duel - Fuel Coleman's have been around for a long time.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Are mantels are always a year old or so. We always have two packs (4 mantels). I think we bought a pack last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    How old is your stock of mantles? I have a number of them that are new, all garbage, you cannot travel with the lantern or they are broken, the older ones seemed to be a lot stronger.

There are 2 model numbers, the older ones are not made anymore, lots of complaints from people with regards to the new ones.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

They seem to be hard to find in Canada right now. Everyplace says out of stock. I think mine is actually coming from the US but I ordered it from Amazon.ca.

How do you like the stove? Doesn't it smell like gas?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    I've had the large 2 mantle dual fuel, a single mini dual fuel and my dual fuel coleman stove, bought in 1992 or 93, had to change one generator so far in the lantern. Regular or premium no lead, NO ethanol. You can switch back and forth. At the price of Naphtha nowadays, gas is far cheaper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast