Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coleman Premium Dual-Fuel Lantern

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    How do you like the stove? Doesn't it smell like gas?
    Can't say I ever noticed. The stove has never let me down, still running on the first generator and I've got 2 spare that I might never need.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

What gas do you use that does not contain Ethanol?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Can't say I ever noticed. The stove has never let me down, still running on the first generator and I've got 2 spare that I might never need.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    What gas do you use that does not contain Ethanol?
    Shell 91 does not have ethanol, many premium fuels do not.

Buggers up the Jeep carb, I learned what is ethanol free, ha ha.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Some places still have no ethanol regular, but far and few between.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So... just to update I did buy a dual fuel Coleman lantern off of amazon about 120.00 with tax and it works great. Considering a gallon (3.78 liters for US) of gas costs under 5 bucks and a gallon of Coleman fuel (3.78 liters) cost 25 with tax, I think the new lantern will pay for itself this year.

We might still get a Led lantern as well just to complement it. Will keep the other lanterns as well I think I still have 2 old ones the red and and a 90's green the red one needs a glass, and my buddy has a single green as well. We still need to buy Coleman fuel as well for the stove anyways. Maybe next year we get a dual fuel Coleman stove.

We normally go through about 4 cans of Coleman fuel a season minimum just for the lantern so at 22.5 the lantern will pay for itself this season and we always carry lots of gas.

If we buy a Coleman dual fuel stove I'll probably have 2 older stoves to give away next Summer. Don't think we need 4 of the regular ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12