Thread: Loom lake

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Loom lake

I was thinking of heading up bobcageon way for a road trip this summer and I heard about a place called loom lake. I know who to get there but just wondering if anybody has fished it and what's in it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    ”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
    ~Unknown

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

appears to be a very shallow lake, panfish and bass maybe ?

http://www.gpsnauticalcharts.com/mai...cal-chart.html

Leads by example

User Info Menu

It has half decent SMB in it, and has been stocked with walleye for about the past 10 years. hard to catch one that's big enough to eat. Big problem is that the 4X4 jeep idiots trash the entire place every weekend. They tear the living piss out of the E108 skidoo trail, making it unusable for everyone else. I wish the province would bring in some regulations for crown land vandalism like this. They like to camp at Loom. Just follow the busted beer bottles and garbage that they leave behind. I'd advise not trying to camp beside it.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fenelon View Post
    It has half decent SMB in it, and has been stocked with walleye for about the past 10 years. hard to catch one that's big enough to eat. Big problem is that the 4X4 jeep idiots trash the entire place every weekend. They tear the living piss out of the E108 skidoo trail, making it unusable for everyone else. I wish the province would bring in some regulations for crown land vandalism like this. They like to camp at Loom. Just follow the busted beer bottles and garbage that they leave behind. I'd advise not trying to camp beside it.
    Thanks for the info!!! Maybe I will try one of the other little lakes there instead.
    ”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
    ~Unknown

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Don't know if it is still accessible but we used to fish St Croix back in the 70's. Bass and Muskie with a fair campsite on the island. Trail was very rough back then but worth the time if staying a few days.