Thread: Boat Trailer

Hedgehog

User Info Menu

Default Boat Trailer

Good Friday Morning Ladies and Gents, I bought a boat trailer at a yard sale and got the ownership but looks like when this guy bought it he didn't bother to register it, guess he figured he was using it once to transport his boat and took the chance. the original seller had put this guys name and address on the back and the guy I bought it from told me to white out his name and put my name and address down and take it to the licensing place.

any advise ?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I'd try to get in touch with previous owner if the seller won't change it for you? Either that or let the seller deal with the fall out when you explain it to service ontario?
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Easiest is say you built it and get a homebuilt ownership..
    Special thanks to:Quantum Rods & Reels, Tabu Tackle, Bassfury performance wear & Berkley Canada.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Court View Post
    Easiest is say you built it and get a homebuilt ownership..
    Until a cop or MTO inspector looks the trailer over and realizes it's NOT home built?
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MAC View Post
    Good Friday Morning Ladies and Gents, I bought a boat trailer at a yard sale and got the ownership but looks like when this guy bought it he didn't bother to register it, guess he figured he was using it once to transport his boat and took the chance. the original seller had put this guys name and address on the back and the guy I bought it from told me to white out his name and put my name and address down and take it to the licensing place.

any advise ?
    Just take it to Service Ontario and they'll simply transfer it from the last registered owner and charge you HST and transfer fee . No biggy.
    Sometimes,Karma sends an ex back into your life to see if you're still stupid.

Hedgehog

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info guys always appreciated . Have a Great Weekend.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Get it registered as home made trailer