Thread: Nafa sale

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Nafa sale

The sale was really bad a lot of fur never sold.And prices sucked big time.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I'm right there with you. $10 beaver, prime February rats at $5 average, $6 coon. Only got $67 for a grade 1 colour A female fisher. I should have got off my winter butt and at least got my fur into the last fur harvesters sale. It did a bit better. The $400 I got for castors sent to Gord Sickles was as good as the cash flow got for me this year. God help the folks who rely on this to feed their family.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Yea I checked the July results a had 15 rats in there from xl too 3xl never sold a one.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So,I guess Coyote pelts aren't doing any great shakes this year,either,then? Is there any sense in sending a bunch in this winter?
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

As much as I love to get out and trap it might be time to slow down and leave them till next year lads or get a fur holding permit and don't sell till next year.

Basically starve the market a bit. Supply and demand.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Good yotes moved.As far as freezing fur it ends up as classed as stale.Biggest problem is beaver ,unless you only take xlge through the ice its a waste of effort.Trouble is quotos if you don't get at least 3/4 you can have your lic. pulled.This is my 65 yr but I will be out there.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

If you package the fur correctly it will not get stale or freezer burned and once MNRF issues you a holding permit you still comply with your 75 percent quota for that given year. Just saying.

Do you trap a Registered Trap Line down around Jacksons Point that has a quota?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

The only quoto in York region is otter of 1.Beaver no limit.I couldn't afford to live there anymore too bloody expensive.And the hydro rates down there is killing.Freind of mine has 4 freezers as he has a 75 quoto on beaver.Its costing him mega bucks.He figures it aint worth it.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Well I finally got my final cheque from nafta for my 13 rats since mar,Top price was 5.25 for xxl total 44.50.Enough to piss of the good humor man.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

We had some beavers on the municipal drain by us, I was able to chat a bit with the trappers who were hired to come in and take care of them. They told us that essentially nobody in the area just south of Ottawa bothers to fut trap, they make more money by far dealing with nuisance animal removal for individuals and the municipality. I mentioned that I may be interested in taking the course and trapping this family property and they told me you would be able to get permission to trap essentially anywhere you wanted as nobody else is wasting their energy anymore.