Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington super slug 12ga

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Put a Boyds on the 220 and a good scope and you have an attractive accurate right.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    "I may not have gone where I was supposed to go, but I ended up where I was supposed to be"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Bought the Savage 220 and a Nikon inline 3x9 scope. Thanks for all the input. Let you know how it goes when I sight it in. Any thoughts about ammo and base rings feel free to chime in IMG_0405.jpg

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Atta boy!! Good choice! I like Burris QD rings with either Vortex or Leopold 1-4 power or 2-7. Illuminated dot is nice too, but adds another 100 bucks. Good luck , cheers, Jim

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

DNZ Reaper was the best one piece set I bought for any of the 220 I owned but the regular weaver bases and standard rings work well too.

I've sighted in 12 220's between ones I've had and friends. The following were the best and you should try them out with 5 minutes (time it!) between shots and run a bore snake through after every third shot.

2 3/4 accutips
    3 accutips
    2 3/4 Federal trophy copper
    3 Federal Trophy Copper

When sighting in control muzzle lift.

Tighten action screw and set trigger 2 or so pounds pull

That should get you 3" groups at 200 yards.

User Info Menu

Congrats on the purchase! I will echo Big Jack a little here and suggest Accutips. 3" work best in the few that I have seen. Wait the five minutes between shots or you will be frustrated.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input again. Probably be a couple weeks before I'm shooting will update then. Cheers

Member for Life

User Info Menu

One guy who uses that "rifle" down at my dads place has found that the 2 3/4" slugs group better for him but it can be very gun specific. I know that buying a box of each and using a lead sled to shoot off the bench (remove human error) is not an inexpensive endeavor but if you can that is the way to go to know exactly what round shoots best in your gun. These things are crazy accurate, with a matched slug you should be able to do better than many rifles with standard ammo.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I hope so, big decision going to a 20 ga. And bolt action too. Getting excited decided to put the Nikon 3x9 on my ML and pick up the Nikon slug hunter for the 220. Talked to a guy that has good results with the Hornady 2&3/4 SST I have 6 boxes in 12 ga. Lol

User Info Menu

That's a surprise as I've tried them a few times with 3 different 220's and result was always bad.
    Hey you never know till you try!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Think I will try the 3" Remington accu tips, if I can find them

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast