Thread: High Speed Transducer for Humminbird Helix

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Default High Speed Transducer for Humminbird Helix

I upgraded to the Helix 5 and noticed that when I am moving faster them 25km/h I lose what the depth of water is. I was told there is a high speed transducer that is needed. I been looking online and even on the Humminbird website. Have not been able to find any information about any high speed transducer.

Has anyone else seen information about this and if so would be able to direct me in the right direction.

Thanks for any help.
    Fishing is not an adventure, it's my life!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

You might call their support. I believe the transducers you get with a Helix work at high speeds. I had a similar issue with my Helix and had to lower the transducer a bit

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I wonder also if it may need adjustment on the transducer angle. Sometimes depending if I have some extra weight in the boat, I was able to see bottom ok at max speed. I only have a 14 ft boat with a 15hp. So max speed is about 32 km/h. Also thinking maybe I am still getting small air bubbles from the rivets even thou the transducer is below the line of them.
    Fishing is not an adventure, it's my life!

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I'd say its the install, and not the actual transducer. Try tipping it down a notch. It helped me a lot.

S.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I loose depth at about 26mph, because my boat has a ridge of weld along the bottom of the boat that causes a disturbance in the water above this speed. I have moved it around a bit and now in the best spot. I did read the install manual for the best place to put it, on mine boat was the starboard side and a certain distance away from the prop. Like said above I would call help line.