Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hunt camp meals...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

We as a group pay 500 a week to the chef, our hunt camp management picks up the food and its cost.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    You have an outhouse??? Wow what a fancy camp...

I like to just roam, so meals are quick and easy most days. But you would be surprised how fast a pound of bacon, a bunch of eggs and half a loaf of bread goes from a bag of groceries to cooked and down the hatch.
    Haha oh yeah really fancy, its actually a two seater lol

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

O.K., none of your menus have enticed me to grace your camp, with my presence, however , the one seafood heavy plan is looking pretty tasty. Anyone doing heavy steak, could turn my head.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    O.K., none of your menus have enticed me to grace your camp, with my presence, however , the one seafood heavy plan is looking pretty tasty. Anyone doing heavy steak, could turn my head.
    I'm with you Jim. A bit artsy fartsy for my tastes?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    I'm with you Jim. A bit artsy fartsy for my tastes?
    Well, there is always the "Survivorman" menu of wintergreens, pine bark and porcupine.
    There are three reasons to own a gun. To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals, and to keep the King of England out of your face.
    - Krusty the Clown

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boiler View Post
    Well, there is always the "Survivorman" menu of wintergreens, pine bark and porcupine.
    HEY Don't be knocking porcupine...nice stew meat.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Scrambled eggs with diced onions and peppers w/ toast for breakfast.
    Spaghetti w/ ground venison and tomato sauce w/ garlic toast for dinner.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Each guy in our gang was also responsible for one meal which often meant frozen cabbage rolls, spaghetti and all that easily prepared stuff.
    However each guy was to look after their own drinks. Heaven help the bozo who showed up without any booze and mooched off the others.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I buy the groceries except what each hunter's evening meal requires. I buy no junk food or booze. Everybody buys thier own of that stuff. We usually get there on Saturday morning and do camp maintenance and hang tree stands. Saturday night is our time to laugh, drink, BBQ enormous striploins and the neighbors drop in for some laughs and drinks. Season opens Monday so Sunday night is more quiet.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Hunt camp meals...

We eat pretty good here and try to tie the meals together. For dinner we might have jerk chicken or jerk venison (if anyone has any left) and the next day we make that into sandwiches. Same thing with say bitter chicken. One guys mom loves prepping all our starches and vegetables in big foil trays. She also makes qual or other small birds for us. They fit great in zip lock. We also do hard boiled eggs, cured meats, and nuts for snacks. I'm a weirdo and like to eat a bit every couple of hours instead of three squares. I eat good at home and expect the same from camp. Nothing from a box including hamburgers or even chicken strips. I like food. If we put a deer down we may have loins.

I was thinking playing the wind aside I wonder if all these smells would spoke deer. So far we don't have a problem seeing them. Maybe they like our cooking.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast