Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grouse

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Grouse

Ruffed Grouse season opens tomorrow and I can't wait! I normally wait til its a bit colder to head out but this year I'm going asap...Anyone else excited?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Never been. Is it fun? I hear the jump up outta no where.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

it's very fun...usually involves lots of walking, although sometimes you get lucky and they are on the side of the road/trail...most of the time you flush them from their hiding spot and the rustle of feathers scares the out of you. They are good eating and fun to hunt so its a win win

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Heading up to Temagami for our annual hunting / fishing boys week tomorrow. We have a couple of bear baits set up for the afternoons and mornings will be spent walking for grouse and / or fishing walleye ,lakers or brook trout. Gonna be a little warmer than I would like but we will have a blast no matter what the weather throws at us.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

grouse season eve! im so freaking pumped. was in the bush today and so sad i couldn't blast one!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

29C this weekend, tons of mosquitos and I hunt swamps, I may wait until a frost or two.

I have been seeing lots of doves around though, I was debating the migratory license (focusing on deer and getting my wife out hunting) but I may have to just to put a few different birds into the pan.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I plan on going far up for them this year.
    Grouse is my #1 favourite game, and I still do get very excited about hunting them in my ripe old age!
    That being said, still too early for me to go after them. Need to have some leaves down, and more red/yellow/brown out there instead of all this GREEN!!!
    Good luck to all the early grouse hunters, but please leave me some, eh!

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Made the trip north of North Bay. A little more colour than past early season trips, but that's the hottest one yet. Mosquitoes were thick too.
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

Dorothy Sarnoff

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kickingfrog View Post
    Made the trip north of North Bay. A little more colour than past early season trips, but that's the hottest one yet. Mosquitoes were thick too.
    Awe come on share some pics. To far of a drive for my liking so let me live vicariously
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Too hot, too green for me. I will start my season on Teal instead. Still too hot but at least you can see them.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast