View Poll Results: Have you or would you like to hunt deer with hounds?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

45 39.82%
  • No

46 40.71%
  • No, but I would like to.

22 19.47%

Thread: Polling our readers - Fall 2017

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Question Polling our readers - Fall 2017

Have you or would you like to hunt deer with hounds?
    Cover Fall2017 subscriber.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Absolutely love the sound of the hounds running a deer.......especially when the sounds are coming my way. My breathing and heart rate goes up every time. Never gets old..........................Daniel

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo View Post
    Absolutely love the sound of the hounds running a deer.......especially when the sounds are coming my way. My breathing and heart rate goes up every time. Never gets old..........................Daniel
    Hunting with dogs is the best!!!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Yes, I hunted in a big woods hound gang for many years. It was a very similar camp to the one in that article. There's a certain excitement to hunting with hounds that I haven't found in any other form of hunting. You can't describe it unless you've experienced it.

There can also be long stretches where the dogs don't cooperate or disappear entirely. Sometimes there's confusion and frustration when attempting to coordinate a large gang and make sure everyone is where they're supposed to be.

It isn't for everyone. There are upsides and downsides to it but worth a try for every hunter if the chance comes up.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Been there done that,lots of issues,dogs getting lost,hunters getting lost, very little harvest of deer over the years.Unless you have endless acres of Crown land to hunt on I would say this is a form of hunting from the past,most of Southern Ontario its no longer suitable for.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

There is nothing better than the sound of dogs on a deer...even if you don't see anything, the excitement and anticipation is enough to keep you coming back for more and more. Love it