Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabela's Bass Pro Merger

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Cabela's was the king way back.Ealry 2000-th til maybe up until 5 years ago........Their website was the best ever,their customer service was par to none,and their House Brand Products will never be matched by anyone in a long while.
    For the ones say otherwise-sorry,either You did not try,or have different needs for outdoor products.Especially clothing.
    Not starting an argument here....
    I have bought tons of stuff from them(when C$ was par to U$,it was a no brainer-but even later.............)Bought many stuff from their stores(Dundee mostly)but when on trip,any store which was close by,i would drop in.
    No matter where i bought their stuff i was able to mail return them 100% of the time,when desired to do so,no questions asked. Occasionally would even make few $ on exchange.
    Why return good stuff-change of heart,product did not fit well eventually(happens all the time with Web orders)or with many Scentlock products-i did shy away from them (at first was caught in the hype ,like many ).

Lately-their website showed the change of ownership(less variety........a whole lot less)and then they merged with BPS.
    So-yeah,the last few years ,and after the merger they were going down really fast.

But the "Real "Cabela's will never be matched.
    Last edited by gbk; August 18th, 2020 at 08:02 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    Cabela's was the king way back.Ealry 2000-th til maybe up until 5 years ago........Their website was the best ever,their customer service was par to none,and their House Brand Products will never be matched by anyone in a long while.
    For the ones say otherwise-sorry,either You did not try,or have different needs for outdoor products.Especially clothing.
    Not starting an argument here....
    I have bought tons of stuff from them(when C$ was par to U$,it was a no brainer-but even later.............)Bought many stuff from their stores(Dundee mostly)but when on trip,any store which was close by,i would drop in.
    No matter where i bought their stuff i was able to mail return them 100% of the time,when desired to do so,no questions asked. Occasionally would even make few $ on exchange.
    Why return good stuff-change of heart,product did not fit well eventually(happens all the time with Web orders)or with many Scentlock products-i did shy away from them (at first was caught in the hype ,like many ).

Lately-their website showed the change of ownership(less variety........a whole lot less)and then they merged with BPS.
    So-yeah,the last few years ,and after the merger they were going down really fast.

But the "Real "Cabela's will never be matched.
    --------------

Presently the store (either one) are past their due date. I agree with you that back in 2005 - 2010 they were amazing to deal with (BPS and Cabelas even more so) especially when the Cdn$ was at par - my inlaws are in LaSalle so I was Dundee 2-3 times a year for the road trip. Now their web site is a joke.......both the Canadian and the US!

I have purchased boots, pants, shirts, jackets, waders, and gloves/hats from both BPS and Cabelas and hands down Cabelas hunting products were heads and shoulders better than BPS but still not as good as many of the brand names (which I would not expect). But there and a lot of BPS products that are downright terrible (quality and design) - boots, gloves, pants to name a few. Consumers do it over and over again - they will set down a pair of $275.00 Irish Setter Goretex hunting boots and pick up a pair of $150.00 Red Head Goretex hunting boots and be surprised when they self-destruct after 12 months.
    Last edited by 410001661; August 19th, 2020 at 11:23 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Never order anything from BassPro on-line. They automatically ship from the St.Louis warehouse. Exchange and duty is a killer. Only use internet ordering from www.cabelas.ca The merchandise is all the same stuff.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I'm done with both of these stores. I have a $200 gift card that I have tries 3 times to spend and for one reason or another (US cannot ship to Canada, Cabelas will not transfer stock between stores, and lack of stock) I have been unable to spend. I bought a new boat 3 weeks ago and I have been trying to get it set-up by using my local stores (BPS Niagara and SAIL in Burly) and it has been a gong show. EVERYTHING I have ordered so far, including archor, has come from Amazon - boat bumpers, lines, batteries, bow mounted fish finder, rod holders and rail.

I found a casting post/seat in Cabelas that I wanted and it was only stock in a store - they would not ship it to me or even hold it for more than 24hrs. I ordered it from Amazon Prime and it arrived 2 says later. I am done dealing with the clowns at BPS/Cabelas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12