Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowhunting in Halton area

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Bowhunting in Halton area

Hey Guys, So I haven't been on here a whole lot, in fact hardly at all... I'm really not sure how many archery guys there are on here and how many are in the GTA..... I started shooting about 20 yrs ago, back when Brampton Archery was still around, I got out for a few years of hunting but never with any real success.
    I moved away from archery for several years and am now getting back into it, but all of the people I used to know I've lost touch with over the years and I'm kind of starting fresh again. I joined a local club but I barely ever run into to anyone there, due to the times I'm able to get out. I am self sufficient, I belong to a club and shoot at least once a week, more if I have the time. I've gotten a press and am slowly amassing tools, (I hate driving 45 minutes each way to the nearest competent shop to do something as simple as straighten my peep out). Although I have no place of my own to hunt I plan to get out to the halton regional forests this fall for as many days as I can, not the best but it whats available to me and I'm good with that.
    I'm just looking for some other people to get out and fling some arrows and do some hunting with at this point. I'm not interested in poaching anyones spots or anything like that, if someone wants to come out to the regional forest and find other people already set up where we want to hunt (because thats public land lol ). then that's fine with me I am just looking to do some networking and meet some people. If anyone's interested, send me a message and we can make arrangements. Oh my handle is stick shooter because I used to shoot longbows, I've gone back to the training wheels now and shoot a compound these days.

cheers
    Kevin

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

welcome to the forum
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Apprentice

User Info Menu

pm sent
    The deer are here, when I'm not near

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Got it thanks!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Bowhunting in Halton area

welcome to the forum. fellow archer here.
    Last edited by Flatliner; September 29th, 2017 at 10:23 PM.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Im hunting the halton tracts, lots of dogs ,people, horses and had my stand stolen yesterday. There are deer, just go deeeeeep
    You checkin' me out?

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pdhenderson View Post
    Im hunting the halton tracts, lots of dogs ,people, horses and had my stand stolen yesterday. There are deer, just go deeeeeep
    I have hunted most of those tracts since the early 90's. You are not the first to lose a stand out of those tracts, theres also a local who will tell you he owns part of the public land until a map (pm me if you need a copy) and GPS is produced to prove otherwise.
    National Association for Search and Rescue

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Haven't been back here for a bit, thanks for the replies! I used to always hunt on the ground, this year I was going to get a tree stand but was told not to bother, they are too much work to set up every time and people steal them if you leave them out. At least this is the advise i was given. I was in one of the smaller tracts yesterday and saw 2 well brushed in pop up blinds that looked like they had been there for a while, so I may get a cheap tree stand and see what happens. Anyone had any luck so far?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Get a climber. You will be more mobile, and don't have to worry about it going missing. A lot of public forests tracts implement a policy of temporary use stands anyway. Should you leave one out there I'm not certain, but, I do believe the authorities have the right to confiscate it. In addition to that, you never have to worry about going to YOUR stand and finding someone else already in it and dealing with that confrontation.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ride.lift.shoot View Post
    Get a climber. You will be more mobile, and don't have to worry about it going missing. A lot of public forests tracts implement a policy of temporary use stands anyway. Should you leave one out there I'm not certain, but, I do believe the authorities have the right to confiscate it. In addition to that, you never have to worry about going to YOUR stand and finding someone else already in it and dealing with that confrontation.
    Correct , the Halton tracts require a temporary stand. If it is left up it must be taken down a week ( 7-10days) after the season ends. There’s a no cut policy, cutting shooting lanes is frowned upon and can get your hand slapped.

I’m seeing more tracks no physical deer thus far in Halton, a lot of cute and fuzzy porcupines though.

After having mine stolen in Halton I’m going to use climbers for public and hang on for private!
    Your ability of playing the wind or relocating with a climber is a no brainer
    You checkin' me out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast