Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2017 woodcock reports thread

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Where would I find this thread?
    My puddlepointer (Sage) and I have been logging some good time in the bush, but don't really know what we're looking for.
    We are in Fenwick (Niagara).
    Anyone had any luck in Niagara this year?
    Sage will point a planted pigeon or chucker, but we've never found a wild bird.
    "Blessed beyond belief"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy22 View Post
    Had four flushes today with one down. What type of habitat are you getting them out of. Mine is real grassy with small sections of trees. Extremely thick around the trees...what's yours look like?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    Your pic looks like an aspen growth which is what they like. ... especially young aspen. I find them where it is wet, thick but not swampy.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

I got out this morning for a hunt in Huron county. Numerous woodcock where found and I manged to put 5 in the bag and a bonus grouse. Had the Browning 20ga out this morning, made in 69 and still does the trick. Happy hunting everyone.IMG_1113.jpgIMG_1115.jpgIMG_1114.jpg

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
    I got out this morning for a hunt in Huron county. Numerous woodcock where found and I manged to put 5 in the bag and a bonus grouse. Had the Browning 20ga out this morning, made in 69 and still does the trick. Happy hunting everyone.IMG_1113.jpgIMG_1115.jpgIMG_1114.jpg
    Good work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Nice! Good ol Huron County

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Newmarket today
    7 flushes in 1.5 hours
    "The dog is Small Munsterlander, the gun is Beretta."
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed" A. Saint-Exupery.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

10 flushes, 3 hours. 1 in the bag, was mostly trying to get my wife her first bird. All birds were in one section of cover, other good spots were empty. Only 1 grouse flush. Oct 23 kawarthas

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Got out this morning, nice and cool. Was able to find 10 woodcock and managed to put 6 in the bag and another bonus grouse. Was hunting a bit north of London, seems to still be plenty of woodcock around. Had the 28 gauge out today and it worked perfectly, seems the 28 is just the right gauge for grouse and woodcock.IMG_1121 (1).jpgIMG_1119.jpgIMG_1122.jpg

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Nice job fishhawk

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Great pictures fishhawk. I managed a grouse today but once my DD retrieved it, it wasn't really worth posing with....