Thread: Tracker boat hull issues ?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Tracker boat hull issues ?

Guys, a while back I had read on another forum some comments about Tracker boats having structural issues with the hull to the point that they were cracking. Apparently it was a known issue that has since been rectified. Wondering if anybody knows which model years of the Tracker boats that had this issue ?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I can tell you that I know of one guy with a 2012 tracker hull that cracked, and he subsequently had it professionally repaired then sold it. I've also seen at least 2 in the last couple of years on Kijiji being sold for motor and trailer, hull cracked. I wouldn't touch one of those crackers with a ten foot pole, no matter what they claim. Their reputation is way too tarnished.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 73hunter View Post
    Guys, a while back I had read on another forum some comments about Tracker boats having structural issues with the hull to the point that they were cracking. Apparently it was a known issue that has since been rectified. Wondering if anybody knows which model years of the Tracker boats that had this issue ?
    X2 what diverduck said. My friend bought one in 2014 and found the hull was very thin gauge aluminum that tended to buckle in heavy chop. He kept it until last year then flipped it for a Legend with a 100mil thick aluminum hull. So far,so good. He's a happy angler.
    Sometimes,Karma sends an ex back into your life to see if you're still stupid.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Yup, after writing that I checked a few other boat forums. I won't be touching a Tracker. Built for the bayou not the lake.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Only guy I ever knew who owned one replaced the "T" with a "C" on the side of the boat.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I have an old one - 1991 seventeen footer deep V but it was put together with rivets - have no complaints cause it's still going strong