Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heavyweight Down

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Default Heavyweight Down

Got out for my first sit on Thursday night the 26th.Get in the blind and 15/20 minutes here something behind me and crack the zipper just a bit to see what the noise was.Looking through a inch or two hole in the zipper with my head turned to the right and spot what looks to be about a 8 point rack working a tree.Hard to see the whole deer but could see the rack,and never seen it again.About 5:30 out pops a yote on the far side of the field just over 100 yards and starts towards me.He gets to about 60 and off he goes the way he came! 6:%) and i see ears on the far side of the field again and within 5 minutes have 8 does and fawns walking my way.
    The first good one to give me a shot is going down,well they stop and start looking in my direction and then 1 pops back into the bush with the others still looking towards me.Im trying to figure out whats up and then relize that they seem to be looking at the corner of the bush to my right and i think there must be something there that they don,t like.All of a sudden i catch the tip of a antler off to my right,saftey is on its way off as he takes another step my way and a i have to move slightly to my right. Get the bow up and look through the scope only to all deer as he,s so close.Find the spot just behind the shoulder and drop the cross hairs down a couple of inches for i don,t shoot over him as its only about 6 yards from the blind and i let the arrow go!

He kicks and runs across the field and i get my first good look at him and relize that this looks like a cow heading to the barn and i start shaking.Get my phone out and call Kathy as she is home from work now and tell her i need a hand and that i just shot a monster!! I wait 10 minutes or so and get out and try to settle down and look for my arrow and figure it someware in the bush and say its gone.Find the deer and can,t believe the size of him. I get kathy to get the truck and i,ll drag to the field and gut him as he fell about 15 feet inside the bush,got him turned around and that was it for me.When she got back with the truck i got her to back up to the edge and we hooked a rope on him and pulled with the truck out in the field a gutted him!

We tried to get him up in the truck but there was no way we could do it so i left her there and went and got the skidsteer and had to sling him in the truck with it!Friday morning took him to a butcher which has a scale when you unload.They finally get him on the scale and the butcher looks and says thats the heaviest deer thats come through that door.I ask him what it read and he says 200 and thats no hide,head.

Any ideas on a live weight would be?

First pic is how i found him and yes there is no tag!
    Last edited by mr meat; October 29th, 2017 at 08:41 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Congrats. A bruiser for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

"and yes there is no tag!"

oh you rebel. The couch law enforcement internet police will be having a fit.

beautiful deer, congrats and thanks for sharing

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr meat View Post
    Any ideas on a live weight would be?
    Try this calculator.
    http://www.askthemeatman.com/estimate_deer_weight.htm

Beauty deer by the way.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Congrats, beauty buck!
    “Think safety first and then have a good hunt.”
    - Tom Knapp -

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Big buck congrats
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

What an amazing deer! Congrats Wes!!

Joe.
    The two loudest sounds in the world are "CLICK" when you are expecting "BOOM", and "BOOM" when you are expecting "CLICK".

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Congrats! 200lb with no guts, hide, hooves or head makes me think 300-350ish on the hoof. Nice work.
    Last edited by Species8472; October 29th, 2017 at 04:04 PM.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Just starting out

User Info Menu

WOW! U smashed that pig!
    Congratulations!

Whats that in your pocket? A Coors Lite! Haha! I guess!!!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I seen one shot once that was 241lbs with head and hide. He looked like that beauty you got. That one was likely approaching 300lbs live which is rare for around here. I bet yours is in the same ballpark. Congratulations!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast