Thread: Bear hunt in nov?!?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Bear hunt in nov?!?

So I have been baiting a bear since August just north of parry sound. He has been routinely coming, quite a nice one. I have gone out a few times without luck and have just been too busy. But next week I'll have lots of time. I'm worried he will suddenly stop coming. If he has routinely been at my bait should I expect this for a few more weeks or should I worry he may stop at any moment and get out asap?

When do bears typically den up?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I would suspect he comes until the food source stops or the snow gets on the ground.
    We see them up there right until the end of November.
    Once they start piling leaves at the den, the end is near.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Lots of bears are taken during the deer hunt so if you have some time to kill I say go for it. You won't get him from the couch .

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Thanks! I hope to post a success story next week. He seems to hit the bait for two days, coming all night and then at 730am, my window of opportunity. Then he disappears until I rebait and comes two days after I rebait. Quite the schedule. Feels good up until now! Put lots of work in and now for the final step!

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Lol, some bears are Leary. My baits went cold over a week ago, but never used apples. Saw pictures of bears filling up on grass.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

What a hoss of a bear, hope he comes into your stand before he dens
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government