Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back from 47.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Back from 47.

Hunted in 47 from Monday the 6th until Friday the 10th. 14 of us hunting, over the week saw , 3 moose, 1 bear and 12 deer. 5 deer made it to the butcher. I got the last one, a button buck at 4pm on Friday sitting in a stand 300 yards from the farmhouse. Everyone else had packed it in and were getting ready to leave the next day. One shot kill, on the last shot at a deer for the group, perseverance does pay off.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Sounds like a great week G , congrats on the deer .

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

My group was bear hunting in the spring in 47 and over the course of 5 or 6 weekends, we saw almost as many Moose. Hopefully that's a sign the numbers are on the rise.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

An aside , my deer was shot with my Grandfathers Win. 94, in 30-32 special, with open sites, listed by Win as being made in 1914 . I have shot at two deer with that gun and killed them both ,with one, double lung shot.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

We hunted in 53A, 4 of us for 3.5 days, only saw a cow and calf moose. Very quiet, only saw 1 doe hanging at the 2 organized deer camps.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Congrats

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    Hunted in 47 from Monday the 6th until Friday the 10th. 14 of us hunting, over the week saw , 3 moose, 1 bear and 12 deer. 5 deer made it to the butcher. I got the last one, a button buck at 4pm on Friday sitting in a stand 300 yards from the farmhouse. Everyone else had packed it in and were getting ready to leave the next day. One shot kill, on the last shot at a deer for the group, perseverance does pay off.
    Seems to be a lot of bear in 47 this fall.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Seems to be a lot of bear in 47 this fall.
    We had 8 regulars on our bait in August and September. Both my self and my 2 sons filled tags in short order.

FM - congrats. Any pics?
    Last edited by Species8472; November 13th, 2017 at 03:07 PM.
    Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt emus
    Cave ab homine unius libri

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Lots of moose sign in 47 for us as well - saw one on the last day of our hunt. Also plenty of wolf/coyote sign too.

Deer activity and sign seemed to be up vs. last couple of years although the snow certainly made it easier to spot.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Agree on moose sign. Not sure why only 1 bull tag was allocated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast